The online racing simulator
G25 button mapping
(8 posts, started )
G25 button mapping
Hi,

This must have been asked before but I could not find a clear answer yet.

How do I map (some of) the reserved keys to the buttons on a controler, in my case, a G25

I read something about a command like "/press (keystroke)"
Can someone tell me how to do this, or where to enter this, please?

Thanks in advance, sorry if I missed something that's obvious. I just couldn't find it with the forum search or by reading the docs that came with LFS.

Regards,

MadFred
I think what you're looking for is in: Options\Controls\Cntrl+ or Alt+.
Thanks mate, that's it I guess

I'm not sure though how to input some of them, as they dont work.

Like, what do I put in for shift+key?

for instance, if I want shift F, to turn the screen info on and off, what would I put there?

I tried using /press shift+f and /press shift f and also holding down shift and pressing f,
so that it says "/press F"

all give me an "invalid parameter" error (or whatever that would translate to from dutch ingame...)

This is probably a stupid question with an obvious answer, but humor me!

Any thoughts, anyone?
#4 - Davo
Say yoiu want shift+f on button 0. You'd setup a command for CTRL+F1 to /shift f. Then you'd bind button 0 to that command. Check the commands.txt in the docs folder of lfs. It has all the commands listed.
Doh, I totally overlooked that when I went through that file.. :doh:

thanks very much!!
Sweet, now I don't have to have Profiler running in the background to map the buttons to keys.
Does anybody know how to put more then one commands to one buttun.

If you want to see F9, F10, f11 and f12 functions when you press your right button on the wheel four times, how should you do that.

With profiler it can, but can the game it too??
#8 - Davo
You'd have to write a script that cycles those keys and bind it to whatever button you wish.

G25 button mapping
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG