The online racing simulator
MoE Season 2006/07: Schedule and Applications
Well, folks, here we go. Just a little more than 3 weeks until the new season so here are the infos you have been waiting for:

1. Schedule

Sept. 23: 12h of Kyoto GP
Oct. 28: 6h at Aston Grand Touring
Nov. 25: 6h at Westhill
Jan. 13: 24h of Aston GP
Feb. 10: 6h at Blackwood
March 10: 6h at Kyoto National

Dates are subject to change if made necessary by outside events.

2. Applications

We will have room for 17 teams. Applications are open from Sunday, Sept. 3 until Saturday, Sept. 16. On Sunday, Sep. 17, the invited teams will be announced and the first qualifying session will be held.

Teams can only enter one car. Please send your application to:
applications at mastersofendurance.eu

Applications via PN will not be accepted. You will need to decide on a car for the season with your application. Keep the new points-system in mind for that: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=12142. We will provide an application form that is to be used for the application, so please don't apply before the form is available.

3. Support Races

We will run support races in which teams can enter a second car and/or newcomers can prove themselves. The support races will be run on the day following the main event with the exception of the 24h weekend when it will be run before the main event. The exact details will be announced during the next week.

4. Website

We hope to have the new website up until the first race, but can't guarantee it.
WHY no Fern Bay or South City, we've had enough of Aston and Kyoto !!!
Quote from RudiTurbo :WHY no Fern Bay or South City, we've had enough of Aston and Kyoto !!!

:iagree:
South City would certaintly give FXR users an edge on chances of winning.

And Fern Bay is just sweet!! Has there ever been a 24 Hour race at Black?? That would be awesome. SO and FE are still the best track environments in LFS imo. Hands down.
No offense, but to be honest I think Fern Bay tracks suck badly. It's just a personal meaning, just like yours.
Yes, 2004 in Germany a 24-hours race was held on Fern Bay Black. Hard driving there, because S1 was the actual Patch
We Got 70,000 Miles @ NASSA..(cough) and they consider us Valid. We care...
We are trying to keep up an "endurance spirit". So far I have not heard of any major endurance race run on a city track. Also, FE is a beautiful track. But with that FE Green chicane simply not suited for endurance racing. Granted it's challenging and fun - but only in a sprint race.
Quote from Hoellsen :But with that FE Green chicane simply not suited for endurance racing. Granted it's challenging and fun - but only in a sprint race.

FE Green/Black's Chicane in Reverse config is much easier and forgiving

Even though you don't see Endurance racing on city courses, I think that is just partly due to it being in the dark. LFS has none of that (arghh), so some endu city racing would be a nice choice in my opinion. It would at least make for an interesting race... especially for conservation of a car from getting damage to not have a long pitstop. The winning team would really have to be on top of things completely. I'd really like to see how a city race unfolds to be honest.

But your choice S2 is just getting boring with GTRs on S2 courses, that's obvious

Quote from Hoellsen :Applications via PN will not be accepted.

I don't think they will know how-to send a PN
Nov. 25: 6h at Westhill
That Race-Date isn`t good for some Drivers because there is an Live for Speed Lan here in Germany where many Teams are participating.
The Lan will be held from 24th to 26th of November.
I dont know if that argument is a reason enough to change the Race-Date.
But I think some drivers would be happy about that because they want surely participate in all MoE Races
Why do we need 2 aston rounds?

On the endurance racing on street circuits issue, ALMS races on street circuits a fair bit.

How's about SO town course, classic is fun in GTRs but could be to carnagey for MOE

Here's a thought : replace AS GP with AS GT, the 6h GT with SO Town course, and one of the Kyoto rounds with Fern bay.
Quote from duke_toaster :Why do we need 2 aston rounds?

On the endurance racing on street circuits issue, ALMS races on street circuits a fair bit.

How's about SO town course, classic is fun in GTRs but could be to carnagey for MOE

Here's a thought : replace AS GP with AS GT, the 6h GT with SO Town course, and one of the Kyoto rounds with Fern bay.

We want to have tradition, so the 12h and 24h races wont be changed. We did discuss the South City track, but we arent sure it provides good racing in a 6h race. The same goes for Fern Bay.
Quote from CarstenH :Nov. 25: 6h at Westhill
That Race-Date isn`t good for some Drivers because there is an Live for Speed Lan here in Germany where many Teams are participating.
The Lan will be held from 24th to 26th of November.
I dont know if that argument is a reason enough to change the Race-Date.
But I think some drivers would be happy about that because they want surely participate in all MoE Races

We will have a poll about a suitable race date in cases like this. We will post a topic in which people are asked to notify us of events like this in advance, so we can plan around them.
Quote from Hoellsen :We are trying to keep up an "endurance spirit". So far I have not heard of any major endurance race run on a city track. Also, FE is a beautiful track. But with that FE Green chicane simply not suited for endurance racing. Granted it's challenging and fun - but only in a sprint race.

hey hoellsen there is also fe club or fe gold without the green shicane
but i know what u mean...makes sense without fern bay...but i dont (imho) a few tracks in the season i would have put others in there...but ure the guys to choose...were the once to race...so whatever im sure its going to be awesome
Aplications for the suport races are open

Also teams that race in MoE can also take part in LFS GT the only condtion is that the drivers that race MoE in that weekend can't race LFS GT.
Sorry for this silly question but i am a little confused. Aston GP? which track is this? AS Historic?
GP stands for Grand Prix.
Aston Grand Prix Course. So, Aston GP.
sorry i didnt make it clear.. i meant what track eg Ky3..
sorry for the confusion
nevermind found it :P its AS5. Thanks guys.
and i knew that gp is grand prix.. im not that much of a noob :P

thanks again
Couldn't join, or even see a particular server today with my U patched LFS - when I triedg with V, I could see as well as join it - so I'm now wondering - will we have to use V patched LFS for the next event?

If vote NO... new sounds makes me sleepy and I'm slower due to the lower volume).
Well, they are supposed to be compatible, right? But if not, we will use patch V.
Well, don't know why, but wasn't able to join last night unless I used Patch V - did some testing today and it worked fine

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG