The online racing simulator
LFS Freezing since version V
(7 posts, started )
Hi!
I like the new Patch! Great work, but why ever my LFS is freezing all the time. The sound gets in an infinite loop. after ~ 20 Seconds it goes on normally. Then it freezes again, and so on. While the computer is frozen, my car keeps driving. I found my car hanging in a wall when my Computer continued working normally.

Sys Specs: AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Barton core ( 512KB Lvl 2) Not OVerclocked and at normal temperature ( 47°C during gaming )
Geforce 6600gt AGP ( Temp OK, 57°C when gaming, not overclocked)
Asrock K7S41gx
Creative Soundblaster Live! 5.1 Digital

If more infos are needed, please ask for them ;D And sorry for my bad english.

Oh and: I had this Problem before, but with every game i had. It was because of Fast Writes were enabled. Now its definetly only LFS and not a problem with my Computer settings or Hardware failures.
Have you sent your email to the LFS devs? Maybe they could provide you with helpful information.

Merry Christmas!
No, I didn´t send an email, but i will do that after Christmas.
Thank you for your Help!

Merry Christmas @ all!!!
Looks like the Problem is fixed!!!!
I Updatet my directx to the december 2006 version ( before it was August 2006 )
No freeze since update. ;D
Any progress with this? I have the same thing and I have a soundblaster card

Thanks
Any luck with fixing this? I have the same problem and suspect it might be related to AMD processors only. Mike 85 and ree44u: what processor do you have?
I got the same behaviour and for me it was my gfx-card getting too hot, the thermal compund had simply dried out. I replaced the card with a new one one (before i knew it was the thermal compound) and never had any problems since. (old card was an Radeon 9500 pro, new one is a Radeon 1650Pro).
I also renewed the thermal compound in the old card and testet it in a different PC and had no probs with the old card either, i presume 80 % of the freezing problems are gfx-cards overheating.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG