The online racing simulator
Some advice needed
(18 posts, started )
Some advice needed
Hey people, I juz got my S2 license earlier today, and the moment i entered garage and clicked "Cars", I was like.. woah... So, I've been in "Training" up to the FO8, where I decided to stop. Im in to F1 cars, but the FOX seems a little slow, the FO8 and the BF1 are waaaay too oversteer-y. Any advise on where and what to start with? I've yet to get a wheel, maybe soon...
clutch pack dif with a very low power side setting for the f08 / bf1. increase front roll bar as much as necessary.
Wow1st reply is some technical stuff.. Kay, I'll go change it, and maybe a setup from Team Inferno would help
Quote from Alkanphel :Wow1st reply is some technical stuff.. Kay, I'll go change it, and maybe a setup from Team Inferno would help

yeah, inferno sets should help, because I started racing S2 with inferno sets, offcourse I had to edit them pretty much. Most of them are overteery

edit: I started racing with BF1
although I dont see the point in starting racing with the BF1...

"well. so this is S2. Where do I start? Shall I take this nice little 64hp beasty MRT5 formula student car? nooo... Maybe the 230hp XF GTR? nooo... Of course I can handle this 700hp monster of a formula 1 car... this will be easy!"

I honestly dont think this is the best way to start racing LFS...
BF1 is too much to start with. I say stick with the FOX because when you can drive that well and you get a combination of good server/racers it's the best thing in there in my book. Close, competative side by side stuff just great.

May I suggest Redline Racers 3 server, fox @ AS CLUB.
Quote from St4Lk3R :although I dont see the point in starting racing with the BF1...

"well. so this is S2. Where do I start? Shall I take this nice little 64hp beasty MRT5 formula student car? nooo... Maybe the 230hp XF GTR? nooo... Of course I can handle this 700hp monster of a formula 1 car... this will be easy!"

I honestly dont think this is the best way to start racing LFS...

In BF1 I did quite well. I'm huge fan of Formula - 1 racing, and I can say, that it was the reason why I bought LFS. Now I race other cars a lot too.. So..
Chill, man, it's not like I did anything wrong to you...
Im starting with the "Normal" cars like the FZ50 and the FXO, and occasionally the FOX... but on which track? And btw, how can i put objects into autocross? Thanks
IMO the best cars to start with would be the UF1 XFG or XRG, preferably the XRG. They are slow, not just with acceleration but the car in general is just slow with reacting or acting on things and would give you a good start into really learning to play LFS.

If you have to drive single seaters I would start off in the FOX or MRT-5, probably the MRT, learn a couple tracks within a second or so of WR then start thinking about moving into the F08 and more tracks.

When I started LFS I put in over 1500 laps in the MRT at FE club to get the basics down and by then I was running within a second of WR. I didn't spend all my time at that track, but learning one track/car very well will give you an idea on how to drive the next config and how hard the car can be pushed.

I had a good 7-8k miles in the game by the time I had put 1500 laps into FE club too. Take your time, have patience and most of all practice! I think I am at a good 4-5k laps now at FE club in all the cars=/ Goodluck =)
what viper said. i did the same with the XFR @ Aston Club. i have close to 4000 laps done with that combo and i am .65 off the wr.
Quote from LFSn00b :I started with the RB4 when i got S2. It's very great car for start imo. It's not too light and not too powerful, and it's 4wd, so imo it's a perfect car to start.

well, RB4 was 3rd car that I drove in my S2 carrer, I totaly agree with you
#13 - Nard
I'd have to agree with everyone here...start with slower cars. I started playing S2 on the XFG and even if it's slow, it's loads of fun and a great way to learn LFS' game mechanics.
If you want to drive some faster car I would suggest trying the FXR. It has 500hp but it is awd and thus easier to drive on low speed corners. If you have driven the demo a lot, the XRT might be a good choise because you are already familiar with it. Though it is a bit hard to find servers to race with it. FXR at blackwood is good practise for car handling and race craft before you move to car classes with closer racing. Aston national with the GTRs is a good place to start, that's where I come from too. Once you have mastered the FXR it is easier to move to FZR. The FO8 isn't too bad to start with, though it is quite hard car to drive without any prior sim experience. I did my first S2 race in FO8 though . Coming from GPL it wasn't that slippery but it was harder then with the slipperier physics.

Just take a car that you want to drive and take it around track you know already. It is a lot easier to get grips with the car when you know the track, or vice versa. Remember to obey blue flags and be nice towards others and you will have a lot fun
#15 - Davo
I taught my dad lfs in the XFG and then moved onto the RB4, slightly quicker and more oversteer but with 4wd traction. Need to get him his own wheel now so he can play without using my G25 hehe

If you're a fan of the single seaters I think the FOX is a great start, the MRT is more like a toy. But it's best to start with the slower tin tops just to get used the lfs physics.
I think a good car to start with is the XRT. Because it's RWD you'll quickly learn how to control it when it slides and therefore learning the basics of LFS. With the right setup I think it can be quite forgiving also.
I've had the demo for 3 months, so I've had alot of practise with the demo cars, and i want something faster. So i guess i'll go for the GTR cars. Thanks, guys!! Merry Christmas!!
#18 - Gunn
Quote from Alkanphel :Any advise on where and what to start with? I've yet to get a wheel, maybe soon...

Yes, that's the best place to start: get a wheel.

Some advice needed
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG