The online racing simulator
Problems with Gainward GeForce FX5200
(11 posts, started )
Hi!

Have just bought a Gainward GeForce FX5200 with multi-monitor support, but i don't get anything other than a copyed desktop! What i want is a streched one, but it recognises both screens as screen 1! illepall

The setup is Dell 19" on analog an a 15" flat on the DVI with a DVI-Analog adapter(the one that followed the card)

Any tips? Please?
under control panel => display => settings
there should be an option like "extend desktop" or something similar
Yes, I have allready fiddeled around with all the settings i can find.... - no result
I believe there is a program called Ultramon you can use to do the same thing too.

But yes, it can be done in your settings, i just cant remember 100% how.
@ shotglass:

Sadly, I've allready tried that many times, it jsut don't seem to change!

It always duplicates the desktop...

Has it anything to do with the DVI-Analog adapter?
No - I beleive as suggested above, you should have to tick the box that says for it to be stretched accross both windows.

I remember it being a darn fiddly thing to do when I had a similar card.

The Dvi connector allows you to run 2 seperate monitors, and it does work...

Widdow
Quote from Go-carter :Sadly, I've allready tried that many times, it jsut don't seem to change!

It always duplicates the desktop...

did you tick the box with the secondary monitor selected in the diagram above ?
There is a way to set desktop modes in the nvidia control panel, accessible through

Right Click desktop
Properties
Display tab
Advanced
Nvidia FX5200 tab (or something similar)

Then in the left pane, there should be some options (colour, display properties etc), I forget the name of the menu option you want, but it is there. You should see your two connected devices in the pane on the right, and beneath that you should have the options for setting up the display mode (Dualview, Cloned etc), and setting up which device should be primary. Try fiddling with that and see how you go.
I will post screenshot, but yes, I've went through all the settings, and theoretically, it all should work! But it doesent! It even show up the two different screens, but when i press identify, they are both screen nr 1...

But as I said, I will post pics soon...
Have you tried changing or upgrading the GFX driver?

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG