The online racing simulator
Hi, another forum newbie.
(12 posts, started )
#1 - Alric
Hello people, just thought i'd say hi. Been playing Live for speed for well over 3years now but never posted in the forum so intend to change that now.

Love the game. (really is the best game in the world imo).

Can't wait for more patches, its so exciting when its time to try a new one out. Loving the new sounds. Keep up the good work.

Anyway thanks for listening.
Welcome!

Now you only have 5806 posts to go until you outrank Jakg - good luck with that
Always good to see friendly new people, even if you're not really new

Did you lose your social life when you first visited liveforspeed.net like us, or have you managed to maintain a 'life'?
#4 - Alric
Quote from tristancliffe :Always good to see friendly new people, even if you're not really new

Did you lose your social life when you first visited liveforspeed.net like us, or have you managed to maintain a 'life'?

Thanks, hah well i didnt really lose my social life i just stopped wasting my time playing bad driving games and finally had something that was worthy of a steering wheel. Had a Driving force pro for a while but just treated myself for xmas with a G25, should arrive tomorrow I cant wait.

I rarly play online, just do single player. But would like to get into it properly as AI can only be so much fun.

Hope to see you guys online.
May I recommend the STCC servers at the moment - XFG and XRG are not the quickest cars, but they are quite easy, and provide lots of close racing even if (as I seem to be suffering from recently) you have a bit of lag. The slower cars are the best to learn online, as mistakes just result in a bit of a slide and not a huge accident.

The downside is that STCC1 (for new drivers) is always very busy.

Hope to see you online too
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#6 - Alric
Thanks guys will try them out soon. My wheel best turn up tomorrow
Good luck on STCC server 1! Keep your eyes open for Titoblue, he's a crasher, ok?
#8 - ZORER
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I think you've been missing the other half of LFS just by racing offline. When you get racing online more often, you'll see that it's not only racing but it is competing too.

i recommend Redline Racing server for some tough racing in the speed of light and Nova Racing server for daily combos...

Good luck
Quote from Alric :Thanks guys will try them out soon. My wheel best turn up tomorrow

Did your wheel show up yet?
Quote from Dajmin :Welcome!

Now you only have 5806 posts to go until you outrank Jakg - good luck with that

5000 of those posts from tracking down crackers.
Quote from Michael Denham :Did your wheel show up yet?

Yeah you bet! It's absoloutly fantastic I love it. Had a little trouble setting it up at first with throttle and brakes been on the same axis but after 40mins fiddling i got them on their own seperate axis. Wheel is so much smoother than my DFP and the clutch and H shifter is what I've been after for years at an affordable price. Great fun and really good for practicing heel and toe. Ive been playing online too, done quite a few races. My only complaint is I have no setups and havnt really the time to fiddle my own setup. So when I race im always coming last. Ive tried lots of different servers but with standard setups I just cant get to a point where I can battle with someone or be competative. Even if I brake later or take a better line. Can anyone give me advice for setups or do I have to make my own or browse through the setup forum? Thanks for any help guys.
Hi and welcome!

For the driving tips - practise, practise and practise. Setups won't make such a big difference until you can maintain a stable pace. If you're already on that level, check Bob Smith's setup guide and go for some offline testing. Do not hjotlap, but instead try to tweak different things and see how it affects handling. If you don't have a personal tutor, I think it's the best way to learn things about setting up the car. I'd start with suspension stiffness and rollbars.

I hope to see you on track some day!

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG