The online racing simulator
Why can't I edit layouts?
(11 posts, started )
In S2, I'll start a game and press shift-U. From there I have no options to edit, save or load any layouts. I can't place objects, I can't do anything but move the camera around. Am I missing something here? I fired up S1 and Shift-U, and all the necessary junk is there to save, load and edit. what the dealio?
press space when you have shift +u menu up
Tried that. It just makes the key display in the upper left corner and the view controls in the lower left corner dissapear.
Everytime I want to edit a track in layout mode, all I do is:

-Go in SINGLEPLAYER (you cannot do this in MULTIPLAYER)
-Load a track/car
-Hit SHIFT+U & then spacebar to bring up the controls
-Place objects (O key)
Yep, that's not working for me.
Just a thought.... are you trying to do it in hotlapping mode? cos that doesn't work.
I don't understand how this doesn't work... have you unlocked your copy of S2? You can't do it in the demo if that is the case...

Do you even SEE the menu to place objects, set rotation, etc? Object Menu visible?
Ok, I figured it out. I'm too noobish
You can tell us what you did, just so we know what to look for when someone does the same thing in the future :doh:
Basically, at first I was trying it in Hot Lapping mode. That's when I originally posted. In S1, you could do it in Hot Lapping mode, so that got me way confused. Then you mentioned trying Single Player, so I tried that. I went in hit shift-u, and didn't see all the stuff at first. Then I pressed O. Nothing happened. So I quit and posted my reply. But I didn't notice in the corner the place object button.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG