The online racing simulator
InSim Feature Requests
(5 posts, started )
InSim Feature Requests
  1. Server commands to be sent to InSim
    ex. /kick Dygear is sent to InSim so it can also be processed by plugins. Also including the UName, and / or PName, and / or UID of the client who started the command.
  2. Allow InSim to give a blocking status to messages.
    ex. If I wanted to make a wisper command, I could do it like so "!w [uid/(u|p)name] <message>" That would be sent to the server's chat area, but with InSim I could block it from going there.
#2 - filur
Sounds like you want to filter messages and commands, could make for some tedious verification procedures i think, atleast for the chat messages, and i don't think chat messages should ever be filtered since it'll probably introduce administrative stuff under a false sense of security.

+1 for being able to hear/affect/control commands though.
You can filter messages using '/out', which sends anything else after it to the connected InSim program. It's not exactly the same as typing '/ban dygear forever', as you'd be typing '/out ban dygear forever', but as long as you use the '/out' before anything, it (including the '/out' will be sent to the connected InSim prog, not LFS itself.

E.g. for my InSim song spammer I have..

main code:

<?php 
while($run) {
    while(
$control fread($sock_in1024)) {
        if(
preg_match('/\/out quit/'$control)) {
            echo 
"quitting, bye bye...\r\n";

$run FALSE// quit

break;
        } elseif(
preg_match('/\/out pause/'$control)) {

$play FALSE// pause

echo "paused\r\n";
        } elseif(
preg_match('/\/out unpause/'$control)) {

$play TRUE//unpause

echo "unpaused\r\n";
        }
    }

// other stuff
}
?>

Not sure if there is any way to send the actual '/[command] [parm]' to InSim :\

// more druken ramblings

*edit: hehe, filur, at least this time I didn't ban you in my exmple
You can directly communicate to the server, send a message to a connection and specify the host as the connection via insim.

To send a silent message to an insim app on the server, how about using an insim app on your client that lets you issue a message to a connection? I'm not 100% sure this will work, actually, I think it might be something of a security flaw if it did?

Although /commands from an insim app are not echoed to screen anyway, so I dont see this as a problem. If you are admin you can also target individual users directly via /rcm messages.

If you're trying to do this as a client to another client without directing messages via the host, i'd say this would be a security flaw if it worked, the host should be able to log everything.

I'm not sure what type of 'plugins' would need to process /kick etc. You can process the player leaving and you can issue an admin /kick without onscreen echo via insim.
10 Billion points for NotAnIllusion, for teaching me something I did not know about!

InSim Feature Requests
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG