The online racing simulator
Tire damage/Flats/dismounts/shredding.
Did LFS at one point handle tires blowing out, or does it now and I am missing it?

Also Does LFS support flat spots? Maybe I'm just not beating my rides up enough pounding over everything I can see, but when I do get the red mist and wad up a ride, it's suprising the tires are still connected to the car, they are still rolling, and they aren't even at 0psi.

So I am assuming that the wheels/brakes/tires are taking no damage at all. Is this correct, ro what am I missing? Thanks.
Tyres can blow out due to wear, but not damage.

Tyres can be hotspotted, flatspotted and wear over time/use. Heat effects grip, which effects heat (via sliding).

Ambient temperature and wind effect tyre temps.

Tyre temps are modelled on both sidewalls, and inner middle and outer of tread, on 16 segments around the wheel.

Edit: Beaten by LFS Tyre Guru
#4 - Davo
I finally had a badly flatspotted tyre blow on me today so yes tyres do take damage, infact they seem take damage very easily. Maybe it's only slicks, road tyres seem to hold up better.
Thanks
So it's just wear, no damage. I thought I had blown them and yeah thinking back it was from doing a lot of silly sliding and burnouts/donuts. Temp is very noticabale ( F9 - but its there anythign out there to explain the numbers on this display? - Ahhh THanks - http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/D ... Tyre_temperature_.26_wear ) I mostly run the GT car with slicks, but haven't been running more than about 10 or so laps and haven't over heated them or over worn them when lapping clean.

They do seam to be unrealistic in the time it takes to get the up to temp, seams to usually take on average 2-3 laps. maybe it's just I'm used to ambiant 100'F and much hotter track temps 130'F in real life and these virtual courses are probably considerably cooler? 60'F? is the track surface temperature modeled? Is that maybe why it takes so long? the effect of sunning heating up the tarmac beyond ambiant isn't there to conduct heat? just the air convection?
Quote from Mister2zx3 :( F9 - but its there anythign out there to explain the numbers on this display? )

:doh: Click the link in my post...
Quote from Mister2zx3 :So it's just wear, no damage. I thought I had blown them and yeah thinking back it was from doing a lot of silly sliding and burnouts/donuts. Temp is very noticabale ( F9 - but its there anythign out there to explain the numbers on this display? - Ahhh THanks - http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/D ... Tyre_temperature_.26_wear ) I mostly run the GT car with slicks, but haven't been running more than about 10 or so laps and haven't over heated them or over worn them when lapping clean.

They do seam to be unrealistic in the time it takes to get the up to temp, seams to usually take on average 2-3 laps. maybe it's just I'm used to ambiant 100'F and much hotter track temps 130'F in real life and these virtual courses are probably considerably cooler? 60'F? is the track surface temperature modeled? Is that maybe why it takes so long? the effect of sunning heating up the tarmac beyond ambiant isn't there to conduct heat? just the air convection?

Depends on your driving and setup, my tires normally heat up within a lap when I'm driving on slicks, but I've noticed generally I push a lot harder than other people do on cold tires and normally gain about a second in the first lap compared to normal lap times. (Helps that I usually try to get a practice lap in on cold tires before the start of the race.) And I have blown out a tire because of repeated locking up before, you just need a realistic race length to do it in. Blew it out after 27 laps iirc of driving the RAC around aston club reverse, now I pay much more attention to how much I'm locking up single tires around the track.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG