The online racing simulator
Need Help with 3ds max 7
(6 posts, started )
Need Help with 3ds max 7
Hi,

I'm trying to get a decent render for some LFS S2 cars. I have been using this ( http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/3D_Render_Tutorial ) tutorial. I've downloaded trial version of 3ds max, Brazil Rio and the CMX Viewer for 3ds max 6.
Problem is: the materials shown in the material editorare 'Standard' and in the tutorial 'Bitmap'; and now I can't enable colour mapping in the Output section (it's simply not there).
Does anyone know where I can find this feature, or make the materials Bitmap??

regards,
Quote from AntGaz :Hi,

I'm trying to get a decent render for some LFS S2 cars. I have been using this ( http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/3D_Render_Tutorial ) tutorial. I've downloaded trial version of 3ds max, Brazil Rio and the CMX Viewer for 3ds max 6.
Problem is: the materials shown in the material editorare 'Standard' and in the tutorial 'Bitmap'; and now I can't enable colour mapping in the Output section (it's simply not there).
Does anyone know where I can find this feature, or make the materials Bitmap??

regards,

O/T: WOAH someone who is not TyresHot with S1 0_0

Ok basically press that button-thingy where you see "Standard", in the window that opened, on the left, tick "New" and then on the righter list choose "Bitmap" voila!
Thanx for fast reply! I'll try your solution in the morning

PS: S2 IS on my must-buy-list, but so are a new HDD, RAID controller, IR receiver, netKar licence and a whole bunch of other things =D
#4 - Davo
Buy S2 and u'll forget that you WANt those things.
Hi, I've worked my way around that Material thingy (I had, in fact, the wrong version of the CMX Importer, works much better now with the latest version ). But there's still a bug somewhere: in my renders my headlamps and mistlamps of the XFG doesn't have a texture assigned to them, they just appear plain white (check screens).
I've edited the dds file (XFG_Interior1) so that the borders around the windows are a proper grey instead of white in Photoshop CS2, and saved the file with the DDS-plugin from Nvidia.

It's probably something stupid I did wrong, I'm not very experienced with rendering and DDS files (read: complete n00b).

PS: thought it wasn't worth the effort of starting a new thread, since this one is quite new anyway.

#6 - Davo
There's another 'glass layer' on top of the light textures. You'll need to assign this layer the glass material so that it's see through and then you can see the textures. Think it's usually under the window material in the editor.

Need Help with 3ds max 7
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG