The online racing simulator
#1 - axus
Race 5 - Post-race discussion
Well, I don't really know how it went. Sadly I had to miss it due to PC troubles (PSU couldn't supply the new graphics card so everything went haywire). Anyway, here's the replay (thanks to Oxygene for hosting):

http://oxygene.kapsi.fi/lfs/

Results from Race 4 and provisional results from race 5 should be up tomorrow.
The first two laps were quite funny. Just check the top 4 guys doing T1 on 2nd lap and follow the LX4s some turns later. The wind was certainly surprising on some corners. On quali at least 30% of people (me included) went wide or crashed in certain places

Was quite good race, especially because I have not raced much (or at all) with high wind. Took some time to understand that on some corners you need to go slower and on some you can go faster

Good race. Oxygene should have made a proper mistake, I should have finished 2nd
#3 - filur
First laps were not funny. :guilty:

At the start i got surprised by the wind, went off in turn one and drove straight into Tyrion who had also gone off, very sorry about that, i think you were still going backwards when i decided where to go or something :sorry: I know it wasn't a very spectacular incident, just really odd.

Anyway, good race, i hope i wasn't too aggressive with all my attempts to pass in the chicane.

Stats
this race was quite boring for me.. drove alone all race :<
managed to get the win anyway so im a happy person

not much to add, wind sucked.. /ban wind

Thomm
I qualified 3rd from the end...so i was counting for wind to do me a favor and it did..i moved to 2nd after t1 an stayerd there whole race ..racing alone..Little boring but good race.
Started last, made up some places in the first lap, and sat for 3rd (in LX4 class) for ages, gradually catching whoever it was that was 2nd. Got within 3 seconds, then caught some grass on the penulimate turn, and wallopped the barrier. Carried on, still in 3rd, but couldn't close the gap to 2nd anymore (suspension derangment), although I kept it even, and even though I ended up being faster than before the crash.

Filur, behind me, seemed to go quicker at this point, and caught me. Had a nice scrap for about 4 laps, but he got me in the end. Being lapped on the last lap nearly gave me the chance to retake 3rd, but it was not to be, and I finished a sad 4th in class.

I've never liked Westhill, and whilst the reverse config is way better for me, I found it very hard to cope with the amazingly strong wind last night - at some points we were ~12mph faster into braking zones, and I never really got my head around this particuarly at the penultimate corner (downhill right hander).

Once again thanks to Anton for sorting it all out, to MoE for providing a stable server, and everyone else for their participation.

Would like to see some results up - the same problem exists now as when I was with vMax: The person who updates the site doesn't play LFS, and doesn't want to allow anyone else to do it for them. James (if you read this), give up and let others in the team update the site or alternatively become a part of vMax again (unless you've somehow learnt to drive and are playing NR2003, which I doubt).
#7 - XRRoy
Made a nice 360 spin in qualy so I was last of the LX6 drivers. Some LX4 drivers were even in front of me...I thought this race was going to be real bad for me but it turned out the other way.
Made up some places with the start and in the first few laps a lot of people went wide and I could make up some places, was even 2nd at one point. Lost a few places again because I think i was too carefull. Driving around at the 5th place with 3 guys right in front of me, they were a bit faster but not much. Everytime they started to fight I could keep up. Zolo made a mistake somewhere and i overtook him. The last few laps were great, me and Zolo switching places and at the end I became 4th and he 5th.

So afterall my best result in LXCC sofar
#8 - GabbO
Well, i got lousy cards in the race. The wind situation in qualy favoured me in qualifying, and i only missed pole due to a small mistake, and my reserved driving in the following curve.. But then, in the race the wind came from the opposite direction, makeing the car faster just in that curves where my set didnt worked that at all (T1 and the last 2). So, i just couldnt keep pace, and dropped back badly.

Im favouring a High wind ban anyway, for a so light car thats just a nightmare. Especially when it comes from the wrong direction...illepall
#9 - bozo
A disappointing race for me. I was confident before the race that I could be racing further up the field, as I'd raced on this circuit a few times before and felt confident I knew how to push hard and consistently. But ...

quali - I didn't manage to warm my tyres up enough (a skill I really should learn), and then took it too steady during the hotlap. I was slowest to qualify, apart from Tristan who made a boo boo on his lap.

race - Started well for me, as I hung back a little during the first lap and cruised past all those who had their moments. I got up to 9th, which I was quite chuffed about. But then the mistakes crept in, and I lost 4 places in two separate minor wheels on grass moments, but they slowed me enough to make it easy for the following racers to pass. I finished in 12th only because of the disconnect.

I am downbeat because my pace was just not fast enough. In hindsight I didn't work out how to maximise my speed through some of the corners in the windy conditions.

I'm glad the next race is a few weeks away. It'll give me a chance to get motivated again, and practice, practice and practice some more. Hopefully I'll surprise a few people in the next race ...
#10 - axus
Points from Round 4:

[B]
Pos Classpos Driver Team Car Points
[/B]1 1 Ray Mooney Tripple7Racing LX6 16
2 2 JJ Nylander De Loor Motorsport LX6 12
3 3 Zolo WRC LX6 9
4 4 Hyperactive Speedsix LX6 7
5 5 M.Kisly K&M Racing LX6 6
6 1 Lars Thomsen De Loor Motorsport LX4 12+5
7 6 XRRoy 1st Racing LX6 4
8 2 Kamo K&M Racing LX4 8+3
9 3 Yahh Fred Loves Pie LX4 6+2
10 4 A.Tcholakov vMax LX4 4+1
11 5 Tristan Cliffe Tripple7Racing LX4 2
12 6 Bozo Speedsix LX4 1

Driver Standings after Round 4:

Team Car Points

Fred Loves Pie LX6 10.5
Fred Loves Pie LX4 33

K&M Racing LX6 31
K&M Racing LX4 29.5

Taiya Kemuri LX6 6
Taiya Kemuri LX4 1.5

Speedsix LX6 26
Speedsix LX4 7

WRC LX6 18.5
WRC LX4 2

De Loor Motorsport LX6 41
De Loor Motorsport LX4 24

1st Racing LX6 15
1st Racing LX4 1

vMaxSR LX6 16.5
vMaxSR LX4 9.5

Tripple7Racing LX6 39
Tripple7Racing LX4 16

Rotwild MTB LX6 12
Rotwild MTB LX4 10

Team standings after round 4:

Team Points

De Loor Motorsport 65
K&M Racing 60.5
Tripple7Racing 55
Fred Loves Pie 43.5
Speedsix 33
vMaxSR B 26
RMT 22
WRC Team 20.5
1st Racing 16
Tiaya Kemuri 7.5

Provisionals for round 5 coming shortly.
#11 - axus
Provisional Points from Round 5:

[B]
Pos Classpos Driver Team Car Provisional Points
[/B]1 1 Robi Rotwild MTB LX6 16
2 2 JJ Nylander De Loor Motorsport LX6 12
3 3 Hyperactive Speedsix LX6 9
4 4 XRRoy 1st Racing LX6 7
5 5 Zolo WRC LX6 6
6 6 Poolek K&M Racing LX6 5
7 1 Thommm 1st Racing LX4 12+4
8 2 Kamo K&M Racing LX4 8+3
9 3 Filur Fred Loves Pie LX4 6+2
10 4 Tristan Cliffe Tripple7Racing LX4 4+1
11 5 GabbO Rotwild MTB LX4 2
12 6 Bozo Speedsix LX4 1

Provisional Driver Standings after Round 5:

Team Car Points

Fred Loves Pie LX6 10.5
Fred Loves Pie LX4 41

K&M Racing LX6 36
K&M Racing LX4 40.5

Taiya Kemuri LX6 6
Taiya Kemuri LX4 1.5

Speedsix LX6 35
Speedsix LX4 8

WRC LX6 24.5
WRC LX4 2

De Loor Motorsport LX6 53
De Loor Motorsport LX4 24

1st Racing LX6 22
1st Racing LX4 17

vMaxSR LX6 16.5
vMaxSR LX4 9.5

Tripple7Racing LX6 39
Tripple7Racing LX4 21

Rotwild MTB LX6 28
Rotwild MTB LX4 12

Provisional Team Points after Round 5:

Team Points

De Loor Motorsport 77
K&M Racing 76.5
Tripple7Racing 60
Fred Loves Pie 51.5
Speedsix 43
RMT 40
1st Racing 39
WRC Team 26.5
vMaxSR B 26
Tiaya Kemuri 7.5

First off, my apologies to Mr Robi for almost ruining his race.I'm glad to see you won despite of my braindead maneuver.

Speaking of my brain, I think I must have misplaced it somewhere, because I've rarely driven so badly, it really was quite astonishing.Starting with T1 on the first lap where I went off, I proceeded to go off track at least 3 times more I think.

And I have to admit, that despite having advocated to some degree in favor of wind in past leagues, this I believe is the first time I have tried it..and I really don't like it at all.It has the unfortunate effect of spreading out the field early on, because people make more mistakes in the first couple of laps while adjusting, and on top of that, any training you may have done is less beneficial that it would normally be .On a personal level, it makes me more uncomfortable about attempting passes in general.But that's just me
I defenately want the high wind as scheduled on later races. It certainly did add some unpredictability to the race. I have watched the replay for 3 times at least now and it is quite entertaining to watch. Lots of good fights and close racing

+1000 for wind, -1000 for pure hotlapping conditions
-
(kamo2000) DELETED by kamo2000
Quote from Hyperactive :I defenately want the high wind as scheduled on later races
+1000 for wind, -1000 for pure hotlapping conditions

+1
#15 - bozo
Quote from filur :+1

I agree, keep the wind as scheduled. It shouldn't be so much of a problem if we practiced some more in the conditions that are scheduled for the race. I was caught out at the last race because I wasn't used to adjusting to the windy conditions. A bit more practice specifically aimed at learning how to drive with the wind in different directions and it shoudn't be too difficult to adapt to the wind in the race.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG