The online racing simulator
Quote from lrdbsi :ok heres some facts, BOV doesnt go off when u change gear, lol u would know this if u have had or been a turbo car, noob, i made this valve dump as a test,
some pplz like it most pussy fag ****s wont, !!!!! that other sound that u like better u can only hear it about 1/15 of the time, and no u dont need a sound converter noob u open it in media player and save as all types, add .RAW
if ur gonna be a critic and post harsh comments go **** ur selfs. get ur facts right ur all ****ing gay ass noob fags , peace

I'm sorry, but could you please repeat that in a language that I can understand?
Quote from lrdbsi :ok heres some facts, BOV doesnt go off when u change gear, lol u would know this if u have had or been a turbo car, noob, i made this valve dump as a test,
some pplz like it most pussy fag ****s wont, !!!!! that other sound that u like better u can only hear it about 1/15 of the time, and no u dont need a sound converter noob u open it in media player and save as all types, add .RAW
if ur gonna be a critic and post harsh comments go **** ur selfs. get ur facts right ur all ****ing gay ass noob fags , peace

Are you 14 ? lol

It will dump on positive boost, whether you change gear is irrelevant.

The way the dv is modeled is never going to give proper results either imo. As the sound doesnt just alter with boost level, but throttle and how quickly you let off. With higher boost giving not just a louder sound but different pitch and sometimes a totally different noise.
Test? BAH WTF!

its said that this is how the youth of new zealand is turning out.
Quote from RotorDemon :No.. Thats called a Wastegate to prevent overboost. BOV is another story.

Edit: WTF happened to my postcount? LOL

Sorry you mis-understand me. Perhaps my wording leaves something to be desired.

Should have been worded 'If you let off the throttle while its on positive boost it will dump' as you know. I'm well aware as to what an actuator does and how it controls boost.

I find it really funny to be fair as to how it always gets confused, when folk think that a dv is something it aint, makes you faster and do stuff they dont etc.
Thought i Dump vavle was when you changed gear and it made the "tshhh " sound. (maybe im wrong) Also, cant you hear it when you rev your car high, then let of the revs??

Also, i thought this because my friends friend has a car, and he calls him cr*p at changing gears, as he cannot beat the dump vavle.

Maybe im wrong, ah well!!
Quote from marsden1002 :Thought i Dump vavle was when you changed gear and it made the "tshhh " sound. (maybe im wrong) Also, cant you hear it when you rev your car high, then let of the revs??

Also, i thought this because my friends friend has a car, and he calls him cr*p at changing gears, as he cannot beat the dump vavle.

Maybe im wrong, ah well!!

It makes a tshh sound because it releases air when you let off having been on boost, so say lifting off throttle to change gear .. is possible to make it dump in neutral too but its not too good for your engine that one.

As for beating it during a gear change.. erm well maybe if you stay on the throttle while changing it will.. but is a bizarre thing to say lol
#33 - JTbo
What is Turbo?

So that all kids can learn too

Oh, I did forgot to comment to the subject.

This new Bov sound is not so bad, it is just too loud compared to other sounds inside a car. If you reduce volume, let's guess, by 30% it could be much better.

All sounds should work together, otherwise you will loose illusion of being in car, so there should be no any single sound that is lot louder than others.

I would say that 6.8/10 points, I like it when volume is reduced
can someone just make a new one plzzzzz
[ EDIT by Scawen ... cut out a paragraph of insulting text for which the poster was already banned for a while ... ]

sory, but u guys really get out of hand, u need to be told,

Quote from ajl959 :Are you 14 ? lol

It will dump on positive boost, whether you change gear is irrelevant.

The way the dv is modeled is never going to give proper results either imo. As the sound doesnt just alter with boost level, but throttle and how quickly you let off. With higher boost giving not just a louder sound but different pitch and sometimes a totally different noise.

I think you're the one being immature here. You even write like a 14-year old. PHAT? 14000 Exclamation-marks? c'mon grow the **** up! "u need to be told" *Shakes head*
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :I think you're the one being immature here. You even write like a 14-year old. PHAT? 14000 Exclamation-marks? c'mon grow the **** up! "u need to be told" *Shakes head*

lol u gopt no idea, plz stfu , lol read entire forum, i made bov next thing we got,
top gear piston heads explainging how a bov works wtf,,, this is about my bov and ima trying to keep it like that, , meh ur a fag i aint listening to no queens guard ****ing tosser go suck the queen
So I just came home in a rather bad mood after destroying my just freshly build engine, 1 of the rods snapped @ 9300rpm so I felt pretty f$cked up

Now that I've read this, pls go on? LMAO here really, made my day good again.

Thank you
Quote from lrdbsi :lol u gopt no idea, plz stfu , lol read entire forum, i made bov next thing we got,
top gear piston heads explainging how a bov works wtf,,, this is about my bov and ima trying to keep it like that, , meh ur a fag i aint listening to no queens guard ****ing tosser go suck the queen

"read entire forum"? I hawen't got time for that. The rest of your post doesen't make sense. YOU HETEROSEXUAL!!!
is that guy banned yet?
Quote from lrdbsi :but after a 2 year automotive course another 2 years mechanical apprenaticeship

Too bad you skipped all the english classes.

You may want to think about what you agreed to when joining these forums during your time off.
which would be:

-------------------------
-- LFS Forum Agreement --
-------------------------
1) When I post a message on this forum, I will do my very best to write in a polite manner and not use foul language and / or insult an individual or group of people.

and just so you know, here's point 5 too :
5) I realise that if I ignore this agreement, I risk being denied access to this forum.

<old text>Consider yourself warned</old text>

edit - whoops, you're already given a cool down period. Hope you indeed cool down.
Quote from Michel 4AGE :So I just came home in a rather bad mood after destroying my just freshly build engine, 1 of the rods snapped @ 9300rpm so I felt pretty f$cked up

Now that I've read this, pls go on? LMAO here really, made my day good again.

Thank you

Freshly built? you didnt break yer engine in first!? you should at least drive normaly with it for about 1000miles and change the oil a few times.
anyone have a bov that sound like a rally car? its like the air hits back to the turbo so it makes a sound thats hit a few times, tuff tufffufuf and then disapear

/xro
Quote from xrozisten :anyone have a bov that sound like a rally car? its like the air hits back to the turbo so it makes a sound thats hit a few times, tuff tufffufuf and then disapear

/xro

i would want to have one like this, too... i once tried to make one myself - but it sounded awful :irked:
#46 - JTbo
Quote from xrozisten :anyone have a bov that sound like a rally car? its like the air hits back to the turbo so it makes a sound thats hit a few times, tuff tufffufuf and then disapear

/xro

I would say that it is impossible to this sound good in LFS, it is because how LFS creates sound, sound plays short or long loud or quiet and any combination of these according to rpm, throttle movement and maybe even some other variable.
But there was a sound like that up before they restarted this forum
Quote from HKSkiller :What the **** is wrong?! i putted new dump valve sound and it doesnt make that pshipshipshiii sound every time when i release gas, even if i have full pressure

It's a secret sound. You only hear it all the time if you buy the full version.

Yeah, ¬_¬
hks, put it up then
Quote from xrozisten :hks, put it up then

Yeah go for it ! I miss my SSQV lol

BOV (dump valve) chat thread
(340 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG