The online racing simulator
New Nvidia Driver 81.85
(41 posts, started )
New Nvidia Driver 81.85
What problem you been getting on CSS mate? Ive got the 81.84s and there good, but AA and AF absolutely kills my FPS in CSS.
Here take a look.

In Piccy 1, is how it is meant to look.

Turn ever so slightly and I got Piccy 2. 81.85 fixed this for me.

Stellios, don;t you have a shit hot PC also. I have a Semp 3000, 1gb DDR 400 and a FX5500 256mb AGP Card, and I can not run AF and AA. @2x only, but going to try and push the boat out now :o)

Fordie
Attached images
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
Won't bother making a new topic to ask a little question about drivers

Would you recommend using the Nvidia drivers over the omega ones ?

Keiran
#5 - jmkz
nVidia omega drivers are based on too old nVidia drivers atm
Quote from keiran :Won't bother making a new topic to ask a little question about drivers

Would you recommend using the Nvidia drivers over the omega ones ?

Keiran

Yes, believe me, I have tried them all

I can now use in LFS 4x AF and 4x As with little FPS loss. Oh my, LFS looks sexy
Is it true that there is little or no point in updating to the very latest drivers unless your card is one of the newer models? I heard that the new features in new driver versions only have an effect on the latest cards. Is it really going to make any difference to the performance of an older card like mine? I only ask because GF FX5500s are getting long in the tooth too now, even if they are spring chickens compared to my 4200ti
#8 - ORION
For a GeForce 3, some 21.8x driver is still the best performing, but of course there could be compatibility problems

Im waiting for the XG 81.85 btw
Quote from sinbad :Is it true that there is little or no point in updating to the very latest drivers unless your card is one of the newer models? I heard that the new features in new driver versions only have an effect on the latest cards. Is it really going to make any difference to the performance of an older card like mine? I only ask because GF FX5500s are getting long in the tooth too now, even if they are spring chickens compared to my 4200ti

Well I saw in NVForums that 66.93 and 77.77 was best drivers for my GFX card, and to a certain extent they were, but I could only run HL2 and CSS in Directx 8.1 with no AA and AF.

Now with the 81.85 drivers, I can run HL2 in Dx9 and with 2x AA/AF. The whole game runs alot smoother, and also LFS. But on Guru, some people said that they are crap quality, but I had the same effects in the 81.84, where other raved about them.

Its a classic case of NV drivers that some work for some and others work for others. If you do try this, then use DriverCleaner before you install new ones.

@Orion - What are these XG81.85 you talk about
There are some people around who tweak the drivers, mostly by modding the *.inf files. I guess you know Omega, but the really good ones are XG (Xtreme-G - www.tweaksrus.com).
You can also watch out for DNA, NGO, DHzer0point, Apocalypse etc
Arr OK Orion. I had the DHzer0point 81.84, and I had to turn off Haze in LFS otherwise everything was white.

Will keep an eye for those who you speak of
LOL :yikes:
never had such a problem (well, the last time was with my voodoo banshee where all texture were green in NFS3 :P)
#13 - jmkz
none of these custom drivers are really "recommended" installs, because they are only tested by a very select amount of people they are mostly the cause for graphical errors. nVidia & ATI invest quite a bit of time beta testing their drivers and each setting. Although these custom tweaked drivers will work wonders for some, I've also seen them crash whole systems
Orion, those XG 81.85 v2 are out. :yikes: They are yummy. for that m8

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Orion, those XG 81.85 v2 are out. :yikes: They are yummy. for that m8

Fordie

Hi Fordie, Any chance you can explain 'yummy'. What do they improve over the Nvidia Drivers? Is there any danger of these diffrent drivers doing damage to my graphics card?
They are not overclocking or increasing the voltage, just some settings are different, resulting in very good performance and quality
But of course they are not official, so use them at your own risk.
You are a star ORION. I made the jump and wow. LFS has just been made a whole lot better. Thanks alot ORION
Welcome to the Modified world Seggons. Hmm, so when I say Yummy again Seggons, you will know what I am talking about
Quote from Fordman :Hmm, so when I say Yummy again Seggons, you will know what I am talking about

So if I put a slice of cake in front of you, and you say yummy, I then know that the graphics are good on that piece of cake?
Quote from seggons :So if I put a slice of cake in front of you, and you say yummy, I then know that the graphics are good on that piece of cake?

You'll also know that the cake will disappear with more Fragments Per Second.
Quote from Fordman :Orion, those XG 81.85 v2 are out. :yikes: They are yummy. for that m8

Fordie

Guess they didnt test these on an ancient GF 5600.

When i turn anti aliasing on, LFS goes nuts, colours and lines everywhere, like the cards over heating (its not), as soon as i get to the 4x setting, everything works fine.

Heres a pic, was taken with a phone cam so its a bit crap, print screen didnt show the problem.
Attached images
P10-27-05_23.07.jpg
81.87 Beta
Hi All,

Doing my usual search, and came across this. There is now Version 81.87 out. People are RAVING about these, in a bigger way than the 81.85 and 81.84 driver sets.

Here is the Forum : http://www.tweaksrus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2556

Here is the Drivers : http://www.nzone.com/object/nz ... oads_rel70betadriver.html

And Yes they are Beta, and NO Orion, XG's are not out yet

@L(Oo)ney Your totally right m8. I automatically put mine to x4 so obviously missed this problem. Done as you said, and hay presto, lots of 60's colours and patterns, WOW Man

But as I like Driver Cleaner illepall so for the purpose's of testing, I will download and install these tonight. I will run the AAx2 and AAx4 and AA Off, and let you all know, so not to bugger up your system, as I am kind like that
i've tried one of the 81.xx series but they didn't work with the 6800LE
Quote from XRRoy :i've tried one of the 81.xx series but they didn't work with the 6800LE

There was issue's with the earlier version's of the 81.x drivers with various cards, but these 81.87 are "mean't" to be the dog's nuts. As somebody said on that forum " What ever Nvidia have done, finally they have got it right" and various other comments. As I said, I will give these a bash tonight, and report back.

By then again, don't take my word for it, give them a go yourself, just make sure you uninstall, reboot, use driver cleaner, reboot, then install.
Just read the whole thread and there is not much diffrence from the 81.85 XG drivers and the 81.87 untweaked, so I am gonna wait for the 81.87 XG drivers.

New Nvidia Driver 81.85
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG