The online racing simulator
I think so that IAA will not help. You can try to lend some another Hard-drive and install there some older version of Windows (98/Me). It this will run OK, problem can be in your WinXP. BTW, if you have SP2 installed, it may cause some problems. I don't say that SP2 is "LFS Killer" but I have it too and my framerate is REALLY low in benchmark.
well...
I've tried everything.. and no difference..

Better computer, worse performance.. gutted. (>_<)
oh the shame of it...
Hi guys, I think I've found out what the issue was.. and I have to admit its pretty embarassing stuff.

Somewhere along the line I changed the option

Simple Track (no car shadow) from "off" to "scenery"

Now, don't ask me why (I'd have thought enabling any form of simple shadows - whether it be for just "scenery" or "all" would yield an increase in performance) but selecting any option other than "off" on my PC massively kills the framerate - suddenly I'm back to 80fps on the Blackwood stretch again.

Well.. this discovery obviously makes me happy, (although I can't believe the time I've wasted messing with settings, drivers, opening my PC etc) - but I just wanted to thank everyone who tried to help me with my problem - nice work boys. (^_^)
#29 - OPK
w00t

Great stuff
Glad you solved it ^^
Now that you've got it fixed you may want to try running a higher resolution. I'm betting that you can increase one or two steps (say, from 800x600 to 1024x768) with no loss in frame rate.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG