The online racing simulator
What to do if you want to drive a car nobody else drives?
Well, title says it all!

I'd like to take the Raceabout online but the servers who run only RAC/FZ5/LX6 are usually empty when I'm on.

Is it ok to use a car that is allowed on a track although everybody else uses a different one or is it considered unpolite to not follow the common car choice?

Sorry for the perhaps stupid question!

- ben
In my opinion, it depends. Nothing is more annoying than a server with 5 or more having a race in GTR's, or whatever class, where everyone is using the same class, then someone enters in the BF1 and crashes in every turn getting in the way of racing.

I'd say, if you enter a server and everyone is running a mix of different car classes, then take the car of your choosing. If there is 5 people in one class and one guy running around in a different car, then I'd say run the class of the majority as the other guy is being extremely annoying with using something different. I try to avoid these servers as it is usually just mayheim and I want to race online, not hotlap. Hotlapping is for offline or empty servers.
The sole reason why I do my best to avoid all-cars-allowed servers is that no matter what I drive or what the track is, the first one who joins will pick the BF1. Just join any server that has the car you want to drive available. People may join or not. In fact, I think it's time to drive some OCC races wight now.

I'll try to pick something creative. hmm. What about LX4 at AS north rev?
I always have at least one car turned off when searching servers, and only join server where cars are limited to a "matched" group (matched being a very loose term in LFS).

Sadly the best option is to join those empty servers, because if we all do that, they won't be empty anymore. Then we can have some racing.
Thanks for the input guys!

I'll try to join the limited servers first and get some laps in before trying which 'mixed' server really is mixed!

Is there any drivers club / dedicated server around that just runs a specific car/track-combo every week with a pre-planned schedule? That would be great for diversity!

Cheers
- ben
Quote from Hyperactive :I'll try to pick something creative. hmm. What about LX4 at AS north rev?

Perhaps Victor could create a "least used combos" list on LFSW...
Quote from benja-man :Thanks for the input guys!

I'll try to join the limited servers first and get some laps in before trying which 'mixed' server really is mixed!

Is there any drivers club / dedicated server around that just runs a specific car/track-combo every week with a pre-planned schedule? That would be great for diversity!

Cheers
- ben

www.SimFIA.com
we have the DTM every week with the FXR. Season 3 will start in February. The sign-up will be open next week
Quote from tomylee :www.SimFIA.com
we have the DTM every week with the FXR. Season 3 will start in February. The sign-up will be open next week

Thanks, but I was looking more for something with varying cars also. But it's just a thought, at the moment I'm more interested in pick up races or an open trackday, as I have to be flexible with when I find time to race.

- ben

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG