The online racing simulator
Change to tyre changing
(17 posts, started )
Change to tyre changing
Please could we change the tyre change system on F(IIRC)12.

Instead of this change if wear is over X%, that should still be a setting, but new "Change fronts" and "Change rears" should appear. They should - obviously automatically go on when that wear is exceeded. Changing fronts and rears independantly is done a lot - it's needed with XFR/UFRs because the front tyres blow easily but the rears are generally rather cold.
+lots

I always try to guess a wear %age that means one set will be changed and the others won't. The only problem is that sometimes you're wrong, and don't get what you want.
Been suggested I think, and it would be useful sometimes only to change front or rear tires. But, once again we could battle how the F9 is not realistic because it shows the thickness of the tire, and when it gets hopefully deleted for uber realism mode, there is no use of the %-figures.
i'd like to seen an actual pitcrew changing the tires. unless my incar camera missed it
Also that "Fuel load at pitstop" text should be changed, that's just incorrect because it actually means "Fill tank to xx % at pitstop".

And it would be simply easier if we had liters instead of stupid percentage value
Quote from deggis :Also that "Fuel load at pitstop" text should be changed, that's just incorrect because it actually means "Fill tank to xx % at pitstop".

And it would be simply easier if we had liters instead of stupid percentage value

Why, then you had to do more harder math because you had to know how much the tank can take. The percentages are great and the most simplest way to do it, you don't have to know how much the tank takes and can instantly tells how many laps you can drive.
I think you should be able to choose all tyres to change
as in:

left front change: no
right front change: yes
left rear change: yes
right rear change: no

^^ like that.
Quote from Blackout :Why, then you had to do more harder math because you had to know how much the tank can take. The percentages are great and the most simplest way to do it, you don't have to know how much the tank takes and can instantly tells how many laps you can drive.

Eh... so? Everything else in LFS is in real values in the car setup, so why this isn't. There is already the specific car tank size mentioned (in percentages?!) above the fuel load sliders...

I just find it stupidly hard. For example you take 50% fuel in the start and set 40% fuel fill in the pitstop. You have calculated this should be just enough for the race. Then in the race you notice that you have to make pitstop couple of laps earlier (e.g. because of tyres) than you were originally planned, at the point you go the pits you have e.g. 5% left in the tank - before pitting you have to use live settings and add 5% to the load at pitstop, otherwise you'll run out of fuel... That's just stupid instead if we had litres when you'd always take the planned amount of fuel at pistop.
Sorry Deggis, but I don't understand.

Now, if you pit a couple of laps early you have to add 5% (say). But if it was in litres you'd have to go in F12 and add 3 litres. What, really, is the difference. They're just numbers, and whether it's percent or litres the end result is exactly the same.

I think what you are referring to is the confusion between 'fill to %' and 'add %'. But again, if you stopped a couple of laps early you would still need to adjust a value to avoid running out of fuel.

I just don't get what people don't like/understand in the current fuel set up.

P.S. Loving your nKP posts on RSC mate
Would like the option to change 4 tyres independantly....

so you can choose upon entering the pits which tyres you wan changed regardless of % wear.....
Quote from tristancliffe :I think what you are referring to is the confusion between 'fill to %' and 'add %'. But again, if you stopped a couple of laps early you would still need to adjust a value to avoid running out of fuel.

yes i think your right. The problem is fill to 40%, i think it should be add 50Ltrs.

If you have say (for arguments sake and easy calculations) 50% fuel to get you to lap 5 and you set "fill to 50%" for your pitstop. If you have to for some reason pit on lap 3, it will just fill you back up to 50% and you'd be left short... but, if it was litres and it took 50 Ltrs to do 5 laps and you pit on lap 3, "add 50 Ltrs" you'll have your 70Ltrs to get you to the finish.
As said ealier, the biggest problem with the current refueling system in LFS is that it has no fail-safe systems. If you pit earlier than you thought, you won't be able to finish the race. And adding that 5% can be a bit tough if you notice it too late. I have nothing against using percentages, however litres/gallons/pints would be better because you don't add 6.2 litres fuel on you pitstop, you add about 7. Imho the current system of "add to X amount" has really no special "benefit" to have it instead of the "add X amount" type of thing

Also it would be nice effect if it made a difference if you had too little fuel on your tank
---
About changing tires. In real life in some series you are allowd to change the tires on one side at the time, meaning that first change the left side and then the right side. In LFS we have the system where the fronts are changed first and then the rear ones (?). It wouldn't make sense to implement all different tire change methods into LFS as server options, but I'd like to see the tire change changed to one-side-at-a-time type of thing.

With this implemented it would actually make a difference to change only one tire from front/rear axle (because it takes time to lift the other side of the car up). Also the possibility to change only flatspotted tire(s).
#13 - Davo
+1

An option to never change tyres would be good as well.
Quote from nikimere :yes i think your right. The problem is fill to 40%, i think it should be add 50Ltrs.

If you have say (for arguments sake and easy calculations) 50% fuel to get you to lap 5 and you set "fill to 50%" for your pitstop. If you have to for some reason pit on lap 3, it will just fill you back up to 50% and you'd be left short... but, if it was litres and it took 50 Ltrs to do 5 laps and you pit on lap 3, "add 50 Ltrs" you'll have your 70Ltrs to get you to the finish.

I see. My argument that the units (either percent, litres, gallons, fluid ounces etc) makes no difference as they are just numbers. It's not like we have to pay, so the unit doesn't matter.

But I can see that some people would like 'add fuel' rather than 'fill to...'. Personally I think I'd stick with 'fill to...' as it just seems easier to me, but maybe that's just me and my maths ability...
Quote from tristancliffe :I think what you are referring to is the confusion between 'fill to %' and 'add %'.

yes I meant that, "add xx litres" sounds so much more logical than "fill to xx litres" so I didn't even mention it.

Quote :P.S. Loving your nKP posts on RSC mate

They're breaking my balls.
But when you "add xx amount of litres" you must remember how much the tank can take, I know it's said in the setup screen, but it could be hard to remember mid-race. And actually it shouldn't be litres, atleast in BF1 it should be kilograms.

For me the "add x amount fuel" is harder atleast, because you have to know how much fuel you have when you go to the pits and then have to add the amount you take etc. It feels so much easier to know it's filled with percents. Of course what ever the method is, it would make things easier if we had lap calculator in F12 screen, real teams have engineers and race managers with calculators, why we couln't have the information how long we can run with current amount (like there is in BF1 I think?) and how long it's possible to run with the amount we fill at the pits.
+1 for changing the tyres independantly...

Westhill is murder on the right rear tyre......

Change to tyre changing
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG