The online racing simulator
#1 - mdiez
i have a little propose for developers - add country icon to racers list in online. if it's possible in future patches.
Please, this is no improvement suggestion thread. Bug reports only!

E: Hooray, after moving this post doesn't make any sense whatsoever
#3 - mdiez
Quote from AndroidXP :Please, this is no improvement suggestion thread. Bug reports only!

ok. where's thread for improvement ? i cant find
#4 - st0rm
Posts split into separate thread.
Oh god, this again.

/hide

[Edit: Okay, that wasn't overly constructive.

Flags by names is the same as flags by account names - it's something else to identify you and it adds a little more variety to things.

Also, it can go some way to explaining why someone might be having trouble communicating. I'd hope that people would be more tolerant of someone trying to speak a 2nd language than just some 5kr1pt kid who dropped out of 2nd grade.

I'd still like to see a flag by the number / name plate on the cars, because I don't drive with any names or connection list on my screen and I think it'd be an interesting feature.]
Quote from danowat :Why does it matter what country you come from when you are racing?

It would be just a nice touch. Not anything hugely important but imho still something I'd like to see. With the option to not show flags, of course
it would be better with their current position besides their name, like #1 Transporter showing that i am first and so on...
Quote from danowat :Why does it matter what country you come from when you are racing?

Well, it absolutely *doesn't* matter. It would just be a nice thing to see.

Actually, why is showing/knowing someone's nationality such a matter for you?
Quote from Hyperactive :It would be just a nice touch. Not anything hugely important but imho still something I'd like to see. With the option to not show flags, of course

I agree.
Quote from Transporter :it would be better with their current position besides their name, like #1 Transporter showing that i am first and so on...

Err, the list is already sorted by position, and once you finish you see the exact position number anyway
Quote from AndroidXP :Err, the list is already sorted by position, and once you finish you see the exact position number anyway

i meant on top of their heads (name above their roof) there could be a number showing others position. but maybe it was just a stupid suggestion..
How would a flag change the spoken language?
Quote from LFSn00b :It doesn't change, did i say so?

Not directly, but you implied that with flags, people might start speaking with their native language, rather than English.

I can see what you meant, but it made about as much sense as me walking upto a Swiss banker and asking if he had a fondue pot on him.
Why do you want to know nationality of the other guys on the track?

I mean, it's really not important for me, but you all come here and say "Why? -1". So my question:

Why not?
Quote from ZORER :Why do you want to know nationality of the other guys on the track?

this possibility can be done managed in LFS general setup. just disable if don't want see flags. i think so.
#17 - Gunn
Quote from AndroidXP :I mean, it's really not important for me, but you all come here and say "Why? -1". So my question:

Why not?

For me the answer is easy: I do not wish to be indentified with my country's flag. I don't mind if others do though, I wouldn't mind if a flag was next to their name.

So -1 for myself, personally, but not for the idea itself, I'm neutral.
+1

Just as long as the flag can be disabled by the user in their LFS profile like Gunn has said above.

I still wish the flag would be visible beside the license plate and the name on the racecar's window and side of the body. Kind of like what I have here:

It would look better on the GTR cars' windows though -- (where your name/plate is visible)
Attached images
fo8_lota_twk.jpg
Quote from Gunn :For me the answer is easy: I do not wish to be indentified with my country's flag. I don't mind if others do though, I wouldn't mind if a flag was next to their name.

So -1 for myself, personally, but not for the idea itself, I'm neutral.

Yes, I understand and respect that - that's why there's the "Global" flag to select. Or maybe even make it a LFS option ingame. It's not like anybody would be forced to show his nationality, so I cannot really understand all the negativity towards this subject/suggestion
Quote from Gunn :I do not wish to be indentified with my country's flag.

watched too much bond movies?

damn whats up with the guys online those days, i can remember late 90's... glory days...

sigh...

so every one has his/her username that is static and can be identified at lfs (banning, stats, whatever)... so who cares if other players can see where you are from? i dont see ANY reason why this feature should be bad in any way?

will i exit a server when i see two guys from denmark racing just couz i had a very bad puke after a night full of tuborg? guess not...

this is a racing "game" and you should be proud to represent your country... just think or RL

so +1 for me (as option to turn on/off)
Some people choose not to reveal any personal information over the internet, even their country

Maybe they had a bad run-in with stolen identity, or are hiding from the police... I don't know... but if they don't want anyone to know too much about them on the internet that is fine with me.... that's like talking to someone on the street and not knowing where they are from, you just talk to them and that's it... you don't really need to know specifics unless it is important to know for some reason.
It is, after all, just a small harmless feature
"Why not?" is easy for me too because i don't care who's from where.It won't make any difference for me while racing.Or somewhere else.

So i just wanted to know why would ppl want to know it.
#24 - Gunn
Quote from MoonForce :
this is a racing "game" and you should be proud to represent your country... just think or RL

What do racing, my country, and being proud have in common? Nothing. I don't represent my country and I wouldn't be proud to either. My online racing has nothing to do with where I am from. That's all, it's simple really.
I like the idea, if it's done like on this forum, so that you can choose whether to display the flag or not. That way everyone would be satisfied.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG