The online racing simulator
LFS Ever Advertise?
(17 posts, started )
#1 - BEEAH
LFS Ever Advertise?
I stumbled onto LFS about a week or two ago on another forum http://forum.ebaumsworld.com/ and within that time I have decided to take back my newly purchaced X-Box 360 and have a G25 on order. I have always dreamed about a true life driving simulator, and, here it is. With all of the popularity of cars and thier proformance in the younger and older crowds I don't see why LFS can't get much, much bigger. I seen the "LFS is dead??" forum and being someone who is JUST getting into LFS is a bit odd and sparked this reaction.

My question. Has LFS ever advertised in any magazines such as a Tuner type mag, Car & Driver, or gamer magazine? If not then is it a good idea? I know advertising is big money but it may pay off.

I could see G4TV doing a thing on LFS, I understand and agree that this is not a game, its a sim. But any advertising is good advertising right?

~Beeah
#2 - BEEAH
Well, I just stumbled on the "LFS in the news" topic. Seen some of the places that it is comming up at. Review sites and some magazines, it would be sweet to see it at E3 though. zomg

I will at least be a new dealer of LFS to my friends and such.
Been reviewed in a few british PC games mags in the past, not sure I have ever seen any thing that resembles advertisement though, these sort of games/sims are normally better spread word of mouth anyway.
#4 - Chaos
Quote from BEEAH :LFS Ever Advertise?

I would say "yes", but it does not come from the developers, but from the community. You don't need a true advertisement that you have to pay for. A review in gaming and tuning magazines is much better. In the czech community we had LFS reviews in 2 of 3 gaming magazines, a shorter version in a few online magazines and in december a article in Tuning Magazine and a magazine for men is coming out. Except one, everything came from the community. You only have to tell them you have a great thing for them to write about.

Another way of advertisement is to tell everyone you know about the sim, put stickers where applicable. It did not take much talking and we managed to get LFS into real racing > photo The only costs for getting LFS there were to print out the logo.

So LFS does Advertise, but it's everybody, who has to put his hands into it!
well we had several reviews in german magazines etc also...then weve got the intel racing tour over here where u can win an BMW M6 (m6 was it right?) lfs was at the Games Convention (similar to E3) and LFS is on tv quite often over here broadcasting races from the ESL Pro Series!
The way I see it, there's probably not that much point advertising the game when it's still in such an early stage.
That said, any time people talk about driving games I pimp LFS something crazy, because it is without exception the finest simulator in the world.
PC Zone magazine has had it on the cover disc at least once, maybe twice. I have played it before but the only 'track' I found was the car park (maybe other tracks were there in the demo but the interface must have been hiding it as it wasn't obvious - and that's a big fault with a demo version!!!).

I eventually got into LFS after someone mentioned it on another forum while I was discussing GTR2. I played the demo and bought the S2 full licence within 2 days.

I don't recall any glossy adverts anywhere so if I've seen them they've certainly not stuck in my mind.

Dave
#8 - kaynd
We with our actions can advertise lfs. This is not made by a large company and can spend time and money for advertising…
That’s the spirit of lfs. The on line community.
I recall that the devs have made a conscious decision to not advertise before S3 final (or was it S2 final, was some time back when I heard something of the sort). Can't quote a source for this though.
Yep, read that too.
Well by putting a demo on PCZone's cover disc I'd call that advertising
Quote from BEEAH :I stumbled onto LFS about a week or two ago ......and within that time I have decided to take back my newly purchaced X-Box 360 and have a G25 on order.

VERY GOOD choice you made there .

Advertising in tuner magazines isn't exactly targeting the correct type of people the majority want to see in LFS (stereotypically speaking). There is very little advertisement here in the US because most comes from the community as was stated up there and there is very little of the community from the US. LFS is based in UK/Europe and is mostly a UK/Europe community. That said, I'd love for the community advertising here to be larger, thus getting a larger US base. But I imagine it would be hard to get Americans away from inferior simulators due to the fictional content.

Bob, nice avatar. I like that .
Quote from horrgakx :Well by putting a demo on PCZone's cover disc I'd call that advertising

But that would be PCZ's doing, not the devs'
I really don't think Scawen is very keen on advertising for an Alpha version.
LFS will take off more in America when more American racing cars are included, Nascar, Indy car, a big v8 beast...something like that. A lot of the cars in LFS at the moment resemble the sorts of club racing we see in the UK and Europe, therefore its appealing.

I try to get LFS into every conversation about games, and the community advertising it seems to work because I have noticed a lot more people who are new to the game. Not so many of the experienced people are racing publicly, they are mostly sticking to events.

I think the reason theres been a slight drop off is because people get bored of the same old things, whenever theres a new patch the game is packed full of people wanting to try it. Recently STCC's new system of licenses has brought something new to LFS, and the servers are full round the clock. LFS relys on the constant innovation from the community, and word of mouth.
Mouth to mouth, reviews by certain gaming magazine's. Like this you get the right people needed for a racing sim and that results in a great and active community. The game isn't known world wide perhaps, and not everyone knows it but... isn't needed also. Or.. what Quicksilver said

LFS Ever Advertise?
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG