The online racing simulator
Do I need an intervention already?!!?!
What the hell is wrong with me. I have only had the game a week. I only do quick pickup races on public servers and some solo practice and here I find myself daydreaming about car setups and crap when I should be friggan working! OMG!! Hahahaha.

I am 37 friggan years old! I should not be sitting here thinking and planning about being faster in the last turn at Aston Club!!!!

Jeevus! Does it get worse!?

Hahahaha.

C.
Quote from cvearl :Jeevus! Does it get worse!?

You don't want to know

EDIT: crap you beat me :D
Hahah LFS virus installed! Join the club mate :p
LOL pwnd

I remember being on a chilled-out houseboat holiday with nothing to do but read, look at the riverbank scenery, eat, drink, talk bollocks, drink, play board games, sunbathe, drink...all I could think about was racing and how I would've loved to have a PC on the boat! Quite tragic actually

You don't need an intervention. You need a race frame, a Logi G25 and a cable connection!
LOl, I'm 39 and just as bad. Got 2 PBs at As Club yesterday in same race (1:01:35). Also got over 50,000 miles under my belt.
#7 - Nard
Hell yeah it gets worse.

If you're unable to get faster, you'll want to die when you race against people (even if you are super consistent) something like 2 seconds under the faster guys.
#8 - bbman
"Ok, all say hello to cvearl."

"Hello cvearl."

"cvearl has had his license for two weeks before he noticed what he had gotten into. So, a big grouphug to welcome him at LfSoholics Anonymus!"

:grouphug:

Enjoy your stay, it will be long... :D
cvearl, you are getting sucked in deeper and deeper. Just wait until you've been doing this for months and months and are confident with your racing, playing with setups on your own, and generally just feel like an integral part of the community. Then a new physics patch comes out! It gets even worse then. The old timers come back and flood the servers. You want to spend every waking moment on the servers. You are in Canada, so if you are out there racing in the evenings, you can see how it is over here. Imagine 5 times the amount of servers all with 10+ connections on them. That is what it is like after physics patch time.

FWIW, many weeks ago, I said in a thread that I was done with LFS. Reason being is the lack of people racing in North America evenings and the only track being used with more than 3 people on it is Aston National. I'm so sick of Aston National, yet here I am still connecting almost nightly weeks after I said I was done.
#10 - Nard
Or like me, in a week of knowing what the next track will be in our little league race events, I've clocked in over 350 laps on FE Gold, shaving more and more time, and working on the perfect tire setup, trying to figure out what was wrong with my gearbox, etc. Race is thursday, and only today I must have done over 60 laps.

That's what sim racing makes of you. :tilt:
Quote from cvearl :Jeevus! Does it get worse!?

C.

Not for you, but for your family and friends, it will be a loooong
winter.

I think Robert Palmer put it best:
"Might as well face it you're addicted to LFS".
Great.... :rolleyes:

Hahaha.

Thanks everyone. At least I don't feel stupid now.

C.
-
(cvearl) DELETED by cvearl : duplicate
#13 - Woz
Quote from cvearl :Great.... :rolleyes:

Hahaha.

Thanks everyone. At least I don't feel stupid now.

C.

BTW, there is a cure for your illness but the trouble is a full frontal lobotomy does come with a few few side effects so does require careful though before you decide on this route :)
Quote from Nard :Or like me, in a week of knowing what the next track will be in our little league race events, I've clocked in over 350 laps on FE Gold, shaving more and more time, and working on the perfect tire setup, trying to figure out what was wrong with my gearbox, etc. Race is thursday, and only today I must have done over 60 laps.

That's what sim racing makes of you.

Heh, i'm new to LFS as you can see and just after i bought S2 my country league started a lil championship which ended on november.
I must've clocked around 1000 laps (yes, 1k, that's right) at the bare minimum, each rac,e preparing for a 50 laps race...

Hey, i've got a second place at least. :razz:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG