The online racing simulator
Help required
(10 posts, started )
#1 - -OE-
Help required
Hi guys, Im needing some help in relation to the skin below, ive tried on and off for a day and a half to get the top pod stripe to match up with the lateral pod and the sides, ive manipulated the top pod stripe in every way i know how with photoshop cs and i cant get it. ive searched the web trying to find tutorials to help me gain the technical help i need to create designs across the skin and make it all match up.

Any help would be appreciated, my goal is to eventually create some of the amazing skins i see posted in here.

Thanks

http://img.photobucket.com/alb ... 1/FOX_TIGERUNFINISHED.jpg
#2 - Gunn
If you notice the size and shape of each polygon that meets with its neighbouring polygon you will see that it is not a simple matter of just applying your pattern on top of the skin. You will need to carefully match the places where "wrapping" from one section to the other occurs. You might like to try a higher quality wireframe though, for best accuracy.
#3 - -OE-
Thanks for the quick reply Gunn, I realise it's where the image or pattern roles over the edge, i just dont know how to wrap it so it meets up, you mentioned a higher quality wireframe, where can i get 1 ?
#4 - Gunn
You can get HQ kits (including wireframe) from here. What software do you like to use for skinning? You might need to use different tools to get the software to behave how you would like.
#5 - -OE-
I only know how to use photoshop cs and it seems not well enough to create the amazing skins that we all see going around. I guess it's back to the PS tutorials to learn more of the tools needed to skin.
#6 - Gunn
CS is just fine for making excellent skins.
#7 - -OE-
Yeah CS is great if you know how to use it properly for skinning lol, once i learn how to wrap designs around the car and how to match it up i'll be right, till then bring on the frustration...lol
#8 - Gunn
Try the Master Skinnerz forum. Many CS users (with great skills) will gladly help you on your way. There is a Photoshop section there which might be a good place to start.
#9 - -OE-
Cheers for the help Gunn
#10 - Gunn
Quote from -OE- :Cheers for the help Gunn

You are welcome. Making skins in LFS is like a whole new dimension that this sim has going for it. I think you will get a lot of enjoyment out of it once you get past the initial learning curve. Best wishes.

Help required
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG