The online racing simulator
Independent centre reduction for throttle/brake axes
The title says it all. It would be very convenient to have independent centre reduction for each axis, because the throttle works linearly in LFS.
in real life you don't need wide open throttle to produce max torque in low RPMs, and it would certainly help heel-toeing in the game if you could set different centre reduction for brake and throttle axes.

Another reason is these too sensitive brake pedals in every wheel set in the market.
Tweakable centre reduction for clutch axis would be nice too, for the people who own such a pedal set
Digging up kind of an old post here I know, but I decided to make sure "Throttle/Brake Center Reduction" did what I thought it did. (this was the only thread found in my title search) I dunno if this would work in the case of pedals, as I'm working with a joystick here, but between adjusting the center reduction AND fiddling with the dead zones within the actual stick software, I was able to somewhat achieve what I think you are looking for - or maybe not, but it feels like it is.
I would think you'd want more of a logarithmic curve that causes the pedals to be more sensitive in the beginning of the travel and less sensitive at the end (i.e. where full throttle is) so that it's easier to modulate at the end of the travel.

I seem to recall the way it works right now is the opposite of this; it's less sensitive at the beginning and more at the end.
Quote from Forbin :I seem to recall the way it works right now is the opposite of this; it's less sensitive at the beginning and more at the end.

That's true, and it's good only for the brake pedal.
the gas pedal needs it the other way around, or even better system would be RPM dependent sensitivity for the throttle if you want ultimate realism!
That way you'd get the feeling you're actually operating the amount of air entering the engine, not the amount of fuel injected

Of course it should be configurable through options which way you want it, the current one or the other
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the throttle does control the amount of air entering the engine. It's then the carb needles or ECU that determines the amount of fuel in relation to the air flow, which varies with both throttle and engine speed.
#6 - Davo
+1

Yep this has been bugging me of late and seperate settings for each would be sweet.
Quote from Forbin :Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the throttle does control the amount of air entering the engine. It's then the carb needles or ECU that determines the amount of fuel in relation to the air flow, which varies with both throttle and engine speed.

Sorry but I have to correct you right away
at low RPMs combustion engines don't need to breathe as much as when operating at high RPMs, so they're able to get enough air through a smaller hole.
This means you don't need to push pedal to the metal to get maximum power out of your engine at low RPMs.
Of course it all depends on the size of the intake hole but usually it's engineered to be big enough unless the engine is really economy-oriented
That's exactly what I said when I wrote: "...in relation to the air flow, which varies with both throttle and engine speed." I was refering to the air flow varying in relation to throttle position and RPM's, and then the fuel flow varying in relation to the air flow and carb jets/ECU parameters.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG