The online racing simulator
Allochromasia problem
(13 posts, started )
Allochromasia problem
Catchy title, isn't it?

Allochromasia is (according to dict.leo.org) the medical term for colour blindness. I am red-green blind and therefore I can not see which square on the map is me. It's possible to derive it from the rotation of the map when driving through a curve, but you can guess how good this works. Only last week someone told me that the own car has a different colour on the map. I'm playing LFS for over one year and I didn't recognize this. As 10% of all males are red-green blind I propose that the own car gets at least a black border around it's square on the map or something else. Maybe an X across it or let it be a circle.

Best regards,
Jochen.

Added:
I would like to point out that I am not completely colour-blind for red and green - which also should be very rare. Most red-green blind people like me just can't distinguish the colours red and green very good from similar colours. The problem with LFS really is only the green/yellow difference on the map.
Might be a good idea to let people customise the colour of the dots. Then, people such as yourself, would be able to choose the colours that best suit you.
Still, a border or cross of some sort might be a good idea for the driver's car. This way you also cater to the completely colour-blind.
or change the shape.
#5 - evans
Quote from Breizh :or change the shape.

YEAH! Make the dot 500x500 pixels, at least!

No, seriously, color customization would be the easiest way.
Quote from evans :
No, seriously, color customization would be the easiest way.

Hmm, not really for Scawen. I've done a fair few bits of coding now, and I know whether I'd rather add a black border to a dot, or write a system and interface for people to customise their GUI colours.
Meaning a circle or triangle, instead of a square.
Quote from colcob :Hmm, not really for Scawen. I've done a fair few bits of coding now, and I know whether I'd rather add a black border to a dot, or write a system and interface for people to customise their GUI colours.

letting people modify the colour of a box really isnt that hard. If scawen can let us modify the colour of our cars i think he can let us change the colour of a square.
Quote from sil3ntwar :letting people modify the colour of a box really isnt that hard. If scawen can let us modify the colour of our cars i think he can let us change the colour of a square.

Dot skins!
Quote from Hyperactive :Dot skins!

lol
Quote from colcob :Hmm, not really for Scawen. I've done a fair few bits of coding now, and I know whether I'd rather add a black border to a dot, or write a system and interface for people to customise their GUI colours.

Well, i don't think that a interface where a color can be changed is so difficult to code for someone who made the best racing game ever in just 3 years.

#13 - jmkz
Quote from JamesF1 :Might be a good idea to let people customise the colour of the dots. .

that would make things a lot easier indeed

Allochromasia problem
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG