The online racing simulator
Christmas Shopping...
(5 posts, started )
Christmas Shopping...
Alright before I start asking questions I'll give you an idea of what I have to work with.

Asus p4s533 mobo (Supports AGP, PCI, PCI-E)
Intel Celeron 2.6ghz processer socket 478.
256MB DDR RAM - PC2100 (266mhz)
Intergrated SiS 32MB AGP Graphics card (166mhz core)
And teh Viewsonic 21" Flatpanel

I need more fps. I play Live For Speed, GTR, GTR2, San Andreas, Carbon, Most Wanted, BF2. I don't need crazy ass 1600x1200 maxed to the sh*t graphics. But I like to be able to play med-high graphics (Something like 1280x1024, a little AA and AF. Around 40 or 50 fps)

I KNOW I need RAM upgrades, I'm going to go with a 1gig stick of PC8000 DDR. But I'm stuck on graphics cards, AGP, PCI, PCI-E? I don't want to spend a shit load. and I don't need overkill 3 digit fps maxed right out. Just something that I can get 40-50fps with fairly nice graphics. Incase it might help I live in Ontario and have about $250cad for a graphics card.
Thanks in advance...
~Bryan~

Oh and I am quite good with overclocking, so maybe pointing me to something that has potential.
#2 - Jakg
well your CPU is gonna hold you back - and so will your PSU...

How much do you have to spend? i would suggest a new CPU, too, but if you want to get a graphics card then get...

a PCI-e 6600GT
I don't think my CPU will hold me back. I just posted the stock specs. It's overclocked to like 3098mhz. And PSU?
~Bryan~
#4 - Jakg
well i think it will, your CPU may be 3.1 GHz, but its still a Celeron with crap architecture and 6 calcs per clock, if you get anything quicker than a 6600GT your CPU WILL hold you back

PSU - Power Supply, it supplies the power, newer stuff needs more power, and shop bought PC's have a PSU JUST big enough for the components
I thought PSU meant power suply, but I didn't want to look like a dumbass. I have a 550watt ATX power suply. I bought it when I got a new cooling system for my computer. This isn't a permanent solution though. I'm getting a whole new gaming system in the summer. So will the 6000GT still give me gaming power for more intencive programs IE Carbon, Half-Life, Doom 3?
~Bryan~

Christmas Shopping...
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG