The online racing simulator
how to import multiple scenes?
(9 posts, started )
ok i opened 1 scene but when i want to open another one max says that scene was changed and asks me if i wanna save,if i load new one the older scene dissapears. how can i import 2 or 3 scenes at the same time?
File -> merge
And now for the 1000 dollar question.

How do I put in different skins on different scenes?
Quote from MyBoss :And now for the 1000 dollar question.

How do I put in different skins on different scenes?

First money, then answer

Open scene...put skin in car...voilaa. Save as and open next scene...

But I think you want to know how to put 2 different skins in same/merged car.
That's bit more complicated....and I'm laxy, so here is Ian H. post:

Quote : Now open the material editor and drag your existing material ball for the original car into an empty material ball to duplicate it.

Now change the skin for the duplicated material the same as you did originally.

Making sure all of your new car bits are selected, hit the 3rd (I think off the top of me head) button (Apply Material) in the material editor toolbar. The duplicated car should now have the new skin of the duplicated material set. You can change anything else in the duplicated materials too (maybe different coloured wheels etc).

If you want to have 2 separate cars, as MorroW says, use the File->Import menu item to load a 2nd .max scene file and it'll import the 2nd car into the existing scene.

Open the material editor, select an empty material ball and click the first toolbar button (Get Material) in the mat editor.

From the new window that appears, select 'scene' from the radio buttons on the left.

It should display only a couple of items in the list then. Double-click on the one that's assigned to the newly imported car and voila! Now you can load the skin / make any material changes etc for that new car as you have the previous one(s)

Regards,

Ian

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=265243#post265243
hmmm i get next message:" Rio Warning: file can not be saved Scene was opened as READ_ONLY and can not be saved !!!"
Quote from magicius :hmmm i get next message:" Rio Warning: file can not be saved Scene was opened as READ_ONLY and can not be saved !!!"

save as a different name?
i cant change name its opened as read-only,when i save with another name same error message appears,when i open scene it says that some parts are opened with another non-rio renderer and saving will be disabled
I did it a different way.
I dragged the material into an empty location, renamed it, then edited, ectera and dragged it onto the other car.
And I used "pick material from object" on the 2nd car with the 3rd mat. slot selected

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG