The online racing simulator
lfs still king
(45 posts, started )
lfs still king
just like to say that after doing a drift parctice in real life in my 4AGE AE86, that lfs is still the closest to the real thing. granted that i havnt yet played forza, out of all other driving sims (gt4 etc) lfs still feels the closest to the real thing even when drifting

keep up the good work guys

edit: im just hangin out for a track/car model editor
Forza is fairly fun for drifting. The tyres do feel weird in the game though. Its almost like the sidewalls are made of jelly. To me it feels like the tyre is going to roll off the rim

But LFS is still king i agree
have you played enthusia? i heard many good reviews of the physics of that game some calling it lfs for the ps2 with real cars. I would buy it if i wasnt broke.
no havnt played enthusia! but i have heard good things about it. i shall give a look see
I just found out yesterday that if you plug in two wheels, you can use the pedal for the 2nd wheel as a clutch just like i do in lfs.
enthusia is pretty good for the ps2 but i've never played it with a wheel.

one really cool thing is seeing the "circle of traction" as a hud. it also shows you which individual wheel has broken free when one loses traction.

it's nice for tuning for driving style and for teaching my friends who have NO CLUE about racing.

speedfreak227
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
its close enough to reality to scare off alot of kids. not as close as i like but at least it has that effect associated with sims.
Quote from Dj-Aeri :GT4 is arcade...

Indeed. GT4 has the most absurd slogan ("The Real Driving Simulator") ever.
Quote from Gabkicks :have you played enthusia? i heard many good reviews of the physics of that game some calling it lfs for the ps2 with real cars. I would buy it if i wasnt broke.

+1 for Enthusia.

I hear it's the most realistic of the console games. Despite it's arcadey interface. I have the game, but without a wheel or real world drifting experience, I can't comment on its realism.

Since you drift in real life, I'd love if you could give some feedback on Enthusia.
i think its the real driving simulator is because.. it has real cars and tracks lol thats the realist part about it

although i did play it some the other day, felt like getting a peugot clio V6 .. thats a cool car
Loving that hachi roku! Post some piccies!
Quote from XCNuse :i think its the real driving simulator is because.. it has real cars and tracks lol thats the realist part about it

although i did play it some the other day, felt like getting a peugot clio V6 .. thats a cool car

it is pretty fun comparing cars to eachother. it is realistic on that aspect with most cars. STi ver.III is more fun than the ver.II and Iv... things like that. Subaru WRX STi spec c's handling compared to an evo of the same year is just as different as in real life. things like that. its just that the physics seem to be held back. Hopefully they wont as much in gt5. I just started playing gt4 again a few days ago.
All my friends at school claim (without actually playing LFS of coarse) that GT4 is the king. I hate forza, i had it on my xbox before it got stolen XD I have convinced a couple of my friends to try lfs however also (kind of off topic) i hate it when you tell people about live for speed, and they say something like, "o ya, you mean need for speed" grr. . . lol has that happened to any of you? just curious
yeah when i 1st mention lfs to people they think i'm talking about NFSU
Quote from Gabkicks :yeah when i 1st mention lfs to people they think i'm talking about NFSU

ya I get that all the time, which is very annoying, even when I say "LFS", they'd mistakenly thought its "NFS"

friend:"whats that"

me:"LFS"

friend:"o..Need For Speed?"

me:"no, its Live For Speed"

friend:"what!? thats what I just said, Need For Speed!"

I guess I should work on my pronounciations.
Quote from Cool Eithen :i hate it when you tell people about live for speed, and they say something like, "o ya, you mean need for speed" grr. . . lol has that happened to any of you? just curious

every time I speak to someone who has not heard about LFS... :doh:
Quote from Cool Eithen :All my friends at school claim (without actually playing LFS of coarse) that GT4 is the king. I hate forza, i had it on my xbox before it got stolen XD I have convinced a couple of my friends to try lfs however also (kind of off topic) i hate it when you tell people about live for speed, and they say something like, "o ya, you mean need for speed" grr. . . lol has that happened to any of you? just curious

U said it. I get that all the time. - people think I cant speak right and
meant Need For Speed. :chair:

Also when I talk to somebody about LFS, I often get this;
"GT4 is the most realistic racing game ever."
And then when im asking WHAT is realistic about it,
they say that the graphic is almost like IRL.
...not a WORD about the physics....

lol
Since I installed and played LFS I deinstalled 3 other racing games. So no question who is the king.
Quote from Sunday Driver :Since I installed and played LFS I deinstalled 3 other racing games. So no question who is the king.

i just sold 3 of mine on ebay!!!
Quote from Sunday Driver :Since I installed and played LFS I deinstalled 3 other racing games. So no question who is the king.

Which 3, out of interest?
GT4 is NOT a Driving Simulator.You can drive with a Toyota Minolta "515 km/h" with Nos and Turbo Stage 4 "LOL". And it gave so many Things thats is not REALY.
Sorry to all GT4 players but it is not a Real Driving Simulator.Live for Speed is 1000x Realistic and Better than GT.
Quote from XCNuse : felt like getting a peugot clio V6 .. thats a cool car

Come on XC, Peugeot Clio V6? tsk tsk

GT4 is ok. If they call it a "Simulator", then I suppose it is, just not technically a very accurate one. There is a "sensation" of being in control of a car that you don't get with most of the other crap out there on consoles though.
Quote from al heeley :Which 3, out of interest?

gtr
nfs underground
toca rd2

i cant believe it but got £20 for the 3!!!!
AE86 - Respect!!

lfs still king
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG