The online racing simulator
new version of the trueflame xrt!
as a couple of you may have seen when i showed off the lights for the xrt and the fxo (can be seen here), i used a carbonfibre flamepaint skin on that xrt.. and atleast XCNuse liked it!

now i've made a new version of this skin, but i'm not completely satisfied, and i'd like some comments on it!

btw, the sponsor logos will be adjusted a little bit..
Attached images
flamer_collage.jpg
XRT_flamer_001.jpg
XRT_flamer_006.jpg
XRT_flamer_007.jpg
-
(keltern) DELETED by keltern
#2 - ZORER
My gtr cars have a skin like this one. But i redraw the flames a bit stylish like american hot rod flames. and they come from the front wheels.
I like "flames&black background" combo. But your flames needs a bit more detail. i mean it is not neat. Maybe find high res flame pictures to use?
well, it's not hotrod flames i'm after! and i don't think my flames are that lowres..
Looks great

I like the muffler texture a lot
#5 - CSU1
looks nice:PLUG
-
-
i still like it; i just want to use it
Well, I have real flames on my FZR. I didn't get the idea from this thread, but from the goalie of the Pittsburgh Penguin's mask. My flames are only on the hood with the Penguins logo on top. I have to finish it up yet and get it up on LFSW.

Just not sure how to go about painting the car. I want the majority to be black, but not sure about a graphical design or just leave it completely black .
#8 - Smax
Why not find a decent picture of the logo and the Penguins text, in whichever font they use. Perhaps from a match programme or something, scan it and have the text down the sides of the car for folks like me who wouldn't have a clue what it was without some help?
a. I race with A LOT of Canadians. They'll definitely know what it is, LOL.

b. The main graphics on the hood is the Penguin's logo with fire underneath. The side has a Penguin graphic designed around a hockey puck. Already have the graphics I want. I guess paint scheme is more what I'm after than graphics like I sort of said up there.

If folks who follow the NHL just a little bit, and didn't know who the Penguins were before, this year, they surely know who they are with Crosby and Malkin stirring things up out there on the ice.

Bah! I'm so estatic over the Pittsburgh Penguin team this year and how they are doing with all the young players, that I've mentioned hockey in like 3 or 4 threads now, LOL. Crap, just realized there's a 2:00 game tomorrow and I have to spend the day digging up the yard. Wonder how the wife will feel with me stringing out a big extension electric cord and dragging the big TV outside in the yard with me, ROFL.
pls delete your posts and continue your waaaaay offtopic discussion elsewhere.. illepall

this is not the place to discuss Pittsburgh Penguins.. ffs
Quote from keltern :pls delete your posts and continue your waaaaay offtopic discussion elsewhere.. illepall

this is not the place to discuss Pittsburgh Penguins.. ffs

Well, I'm mentioning real fire as in the original post that I used on a Pittsburgh Penguins skin I did illepall . Not the same fire as he used and the idea didn't come from here either...

Not sure if I'm finished with it or not.

Edit: Wow, that looks terrible after all the jpg compression and stuff
Attached images
Penguins_FZR.jpg
try not compressing it that much.. you know you can upload BIG images to this site, right?
Quote from keltern :try not compressing it that much.. you know you can upload BIG images to this site, right?

Ah, yes I could have not compressed as much. But, you know, it's a lot easier to upload little images to this site via dialup!
Quote from mrodgers :a. I race with A LOT of Canadians. They'll definitely know what it is, LOL.

Speaking of which.. we haven't raced in a while!

Quote :If folks who follow the NHL just a little bit, and didn't know who the Penguins were before, this year, they surely know who they are with Crosby and Malkin stirring things up out there on the ice.

How's Malkin's shoulder? (It was him who dislocated it in the first exhibition game wasn't it?) In either case, It's all about Toronto man. GO LEAFS GO!
and here we go with the hockeytalk again.. omfg

Quote from mrodgers :Ah, yes I could have not compressed as much. But, you know, it's a lot easier to upload little images to this site via dialup!

hehe! dialup has to suck bigtime these days.. oh i remember the good old days with 56k or even older days with 36k modems..
Quote from keltern :and here we go with the hockeytalk again.. omfg

Not to worry, I responded to him via PM just for you .

Quote :hehe! dialup has to suck bigtime these days.. oh i remember the good old days with 56k or even older days with 36k modems..

I'm not worried about still being on 56k. I have other priorities before I start spending the big bucks on broadband. Yes, 256k broadband I concider big bucks at $50 a month when my dialup costs less than $10. I don't have the big 2mb connections available as folks do in the big cities. I could have up to 768, but that would cost about $100, that's ridiculous. Also, LFS and the forum works flawlessly on dialup. I see more on broadband having problems with disconnects and lag than I do with dialup. This is all I really do online anyways. I don't download much, and do it at work and bring home on thumbdrive if I do have something to download.
where the h*** do you live? is broadband "activity" that low in the US of A? hehe!
It's the same for me, Decent BB is about €100 p/m as there is no ADSL in my area.
Regarding the True Flame paintjob: it looks good, but it's a bit stretched around the nose. I'd ditch the blue Sylvia lights , maybe yellow would look better? I do like the carbon though.
Great skin keltern are you going to release when it's finished?
i don't know yet.. i guess it's as good as done.. i haven't done much to it lately anyway.. only me and one other person who can use this skin at the time though..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG