The online racing simulator
FLP/m presents: FLP What's Cookin'
(115 posts, started )
Jeg er med
#27 - Z0iC
I'll drive if there is still space left
Yah i'm in
but i need the password :P
Bah,,,, This went shit. Really sorry everyone for the messup in turn 3... Especially Filur. Missed my brake spot completely and made a mess. illepall Very, very sorry

I hope you others had a nice race though I'll try not to repeat that next monday....If i'm alowwed entrance

Anyway, crazy event setup, but what do you expect from those Sweeds
Hmm, suddenly I just lost connection to the server

Oh well, would have been a struggle for the last few places anyhow.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
qual?
that´s the uf1-rally-exciting-combo-incident...
lol oopsie, holdon.

edit: fixed
We lost some of the event spirit / charm when we re-rolled the dice to pick a new combo, sorry everyone who wanted to rally but 1 hour without pits felt too harsh, i'm quite sure some people "voted" for a new combo (by voting to end the race) just because others were voting, bit of a messup there. We'll be changing the randomizer to leave out tracks without pits completely.

The difference between the chosen combos was also a quite a clash, UF1 rallycross happy-fun-fun to Aston North in the FZR, ending up with high winds and almost full tanks didn't exactly make the race any less serious in terms of difficulty.

Good race for me of course, got a decent start but was really surprised with how my setup had gotten its balance totally reversed, a few very tricky laps trying to figure out the wind with massive oversteer and very sensitive brakes. It all got very exciting in the end as i passed Biohazard while he had a pitstop (i think?) then got stuck for a while behind two backmarkers fighting for position with my tyres so worn i couldn't really afford a single slide, did an extremely cautious final lap with worn out frozen rear tyres and ended up having a way bigger gap then i thought.

Quote from audimasta :Really sorry everyone for the messup in turn 3... Especially Filur.

For a while i thought that bump was the cause of my car behaving so weird, but it wasn't, zero damage, and you've got a spot on the grid anytime you want one.
yep, you are right.

in lap 8 mankan just crashed hard into my right side as i wanted to lap him, caused me to spin and end in the wall...
my sweet gap of almost 10 seconds just popped, my steering was just wasted, causing me to slip around the track, so my tyres would definitely extremely lose rubber...
the huge amount of damage meant a shit load of extra-seconds while pitting then.
so, all in all, it´s been wasted time. no fights, no wins, no nothing.
well....i sure had fun..

qualifing like a sick duck..
got totaly spooked about the way the set handled with fuel onboard..

had to pit 2 extra times just to get the wings addjusted to keep me on the track..

never driven the combo..never will again..

but i still had fun..
Yea was pretty good fun, at the start I was saying to Pecker on team speak that I was sure I clicked the wrong set, felt totally wrong, then I realised (after about 3 laps full of spinning and wall crashing) that it was the tard0 wind.

Then after that I got used to it, where I could go fast and where I had to go alot slower than before with no wind, got up to 3rd place n some backmarker was on the track, Moved over to go around him and he moved over as I did so that took my 3rd away from me. I pitted for that and exitted the pits, went over the yellow lines and a drive through. Later on I blew a tyre so had to pit again.

So yea not quite the race I imagined, but getting home 2 mins before the end of qual didn't quite help.
Darn I forgot to comment.

Yeah, so I was like, 3rd for 45 minutes? Then a sniper blew my rear tyres. Tottered down the track for what ... 20 minutes before I finally reached the pits.

And oh, for those of you who sent me PM's at 19:05, im sorry, but I really had to qualify. You are welcome to try again next monday
If there's room I'd like to enter
ajp (and everyone else),

at this point in time you can not reserve a spot in FLPWC, i'll send the password to everyone who post in this thread, stating that they'd like to join. Actually, this thread exists on a few other forums which im monitoring, and since the password hasnt changed yet, regulars can join the server without posting. I'd appreciate if they would (re)post, though.

Depending on the number of people interested we might have to change the procedure, making it strict apply-and-confirm-ish/invite instead. But not this week. So if you'd like to participate simply join the server a few minutes early

In short, ajp, we'd love to have you. The password will be sent to you tomorrow!
Quote from Citywidemicke :The stats dont work.

Okey i drive to T2 in first lap then my internet ****t up
Thats was my race...

lol, no stats does not work atm. Blame Maxtor for their sub-par hard disk drives. :mad:

Edit, i just remembered that i uploaded the stats to the flp website, either check out the flp race reports or follow the links in the _first_ post of this thread.
What's Cookin am in this race today
I just have to try it ... ... don't know many of the cars though,
I'll be there! Just no GTR's....Pleaseee
Small update to the rules,

The sign up deadline is 18:30 UTC, 30 minutes before the qualifying begins.

Which gives you about another 2,5 hours to think about it. So far ~15 people have signed up for tonights event. I'm sure a few regulars who haven't explicitly signed up (grr) will show up as well. So be a few minutes early so you can beat them to it
Wow, was a good combo choice for everything except my wheel, all that screeching just gets worse and worse.

Started off really good, managed to get in 1st on the 1st or 2nd lap after the rally gods messed up and gave me the chance to get by.

Went well after that, got a 20 odd second lead and realised my suspension was gaining good damage, shame I didn't check my fuel Ran out going accross the line with about 7 mins to go, after all that work to!

I heard someone say 50% fuel was enough, So I just rammed in 65, shiot!

Good race anyway and thanks FLP for organising it.
It was pretty interesting race. Has been a long time since I spinned on first lap (power oversteer %¤#&) . Still, without the spin, maybe I could have challenged lococost for his position but since he disconnected the later part of the race was pretty lonely. On lap 35 I noticed that my rear right suspension was doing pretty badly (95% bars yellow) so I had to slow down a bit. The more grippy tarmac parts of the track were nightmere to drive . Still, not badly, 3rd behind the nub alien and the rally godness

Let the cake times roll!

FLP/m presents: FLP What's Cookin'
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG