The online racing simulator
Steering Wheel Settings
(21 posts, started )
Steering Wheel Settings
Does anyone have possibly a ss of their steering wheel settings.

I cannot for the life of me get it situated.
I have a Logitech MOMO steering wheel.

If I turn the wheel in the slightest, the steering in game goes full lock in the direction of the turn.

for some reason the force feedback does not work in LFS either.

Im thinking this wheel may be crapping out.

Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
If I turn the wheel in the slightest, the steering in game goes full lock in the direction of the turn.

in the screen where you can setup your controls, press "recalibrate axes" and then turn the wheel from lock-to-lock once. then it should work.

and you do have installed drivers for your wheel? does it work in other games?
Quote from deggis :in the screen where you can setup your controls, press "recalibrate axes" and then turn the wheel from lock-to-lock once. then it should work.

You also need to note which axis moves when you do the above ,then centre the momo wheel , then click the small 'c' on that axis to show lfs where the centre is , then switch calibration lock on .
Also a good idea to put the pedals through there full range of travel before re-enabling the calibration lock
Yes, it works in other games.

The problem is once its calibrated for center, the movement is too fast. Instead of smoothly going from full lock to full lock it bolts over with any slight movement from the steering wheel.

I just tried to set it up last night messing with the diff functions, I usually use the KB for LFS.

Thanks for input guys =)
Whats the 'Wheel turn' setting at in options/controls?
also once it is calibrated turn the wheel lock to lock again a few times before driving
Couldnt tell you right now Im at work.

But I tried 180* 360* and 900*

This is pretty much what I was looking for was a general baseline for settings.
you should set the wheel turn slider in game to the same as what your momo can turn , 240 deg

you do have the logitech drivers?
do you use global settings or game profile?
maybe if you could post your settings from lfs and logitech
Will do when I get home.

I think i found a patch to update the drivers as I was using WinXP drivers for logitech.... This could in theory fix the whole problem which obviously i was too tired to realize last night.
Because you have black MOMO and it has only 240 steering range you shouldn't use more than 270 degrees (default setting) in the "wheel turn" setting. Leave it at 270 degrees and also check "Wheel turn compensation". If it isn't already at 1.00, set it now. These are the best settings for MOMO, I have it too.

Also to get best out of LFS's force feedback, go the the Logitech Profiler force feedback settings (Options->Global Device Settings) and set "Spring Effects" and "Damper Effects" to 0%. "Overall Effects" you can set whatever you feel best. This apply only to LFS, other games probably needs those effects so keep in mind that when you swap between games.

ps. get the latest drivers here: http://www.wingmanteam.com/lat ... ware/latest_soft_main.htm

Quote :you should set the wheel turn slider in game to the same as what your momo can turn , 240 deg

Default in LFS is 270 degrees though, I use that for my MOMO. Difference between 240 and 270 is small though.
Absolutely exactly what I was looking for.

Appreciated.

If I had a cookie, you would have it.

Thanks!
Quote from deggis :Default in LFS is 270 degrees though

Doesn't matter what the default is. Default fuel maybe be 50%, we don’t use that because its default.

This slider should be set to the amount of degrees the physical desktop wheel can turn (sorry, seen no mention of black or red momo)
Same slider can be found in the garage /steering tab where it’s called 'controller wheel turns'

Please refer to Bob Smiths LFS advanced setup guide PDF, page 13 for a scawen explanation
Quote from Turbo Dad :Doesn't matter what the default is. Default fuel maybe be 50%, we don’t use that because its default.

This slider should be set to the amount of degrees the physical desktop wheel can turn (sorry, seen no mention of black or red momo)
Same slider can be found in the garage /steering tab where it’s called 'controller wheel turns'

Please refer to Bob Smiths LFS advanced setup guide PDF, page 13 for a scawen explanation

Thanks for that, never noticed that explanation by Scawen and neither never seen Scawen recommending to use the wheel's exact physical steering range for that.

I definately know what it does but I have just always used 270º... well just because it's the default. Have to start using testing 240º if it feels better. Afaik Scawen have had red MOMO (now he should have G25) so maybe that's why it is 270º by default.

LFS would really need default settings for the most common wheels, simply because the controls screen is horribly confusing for the first time you try to setup your wheel.
AFAIK, LFS currently has presets for the G25, MOMO Force and MS Sidewinder FF wheel. (My source is the data/misc folder.)
Quote from Turbo Dad :

Appreciated info, you wouldnt happen to have a link to this setup guide?
Quote from AndroidXP :AFAIK, LFS currently has presets for the G25, MOMO Force and MS Sidewinder FF wheel. (My source is the data/misc folder.)

Mm... I've actually wondered why those are there when you can't choose them? Or does LFS detect it automatically?

Btw I have only presets for MOMO Force & Racing and MS Sidewinder. I have U30.
is it possible to get the accel and brake on diff axis?
logitech profiler/global device settings/Report combined pedals UNTICKED
also in lfs options/controls throttle/brake axes SEPERATE
Appreciate all the info guys, made for a very enjoyable weekend.

Steering Wheel Settings
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG