The online racing simulator
Pitcrew forgot to refuel at pit
(9 posts, started )
Obviously i have no pitcrew in my lfs u20, but there is a "maybe" annoying bug.

I dunno if this has already been written here, but some people online seemed to already know about it.

Pratically, when i stopped on pitlane for refuelling and damage repairing, i didnt receive any fuel percentage (i had it set a 5%), but the message "pit stop finito" (pit done in english) appeared the same.

I know that only devs can solve that, but there is some thing that can be done for avoiding that problem?

It happened to me 3 times in a day, on south city classic and classic rev configs, with xfg, xrg and lx4.
Did you have more than 5% in your tank when you pitted? Because they can't take it out!
i had 24% at start, 22.x when i pitted

I needed in total 29% from start for finishing the race
The percentage for pit is not the fill amount, it's the fill TO amount. So if you needed another 5% from 22%, you should have set it to 27%.
For example, if you wanted to add 100%, but already had some in the tank, then you'd have (say) 122%, which is overflowing. So the amount is "fill to", so the max you can ever have is 100%, which makes sense.

"Add x%" is an option some would like, but to be quite honest it would confuse the hell out of me in a race... I know amount per lap, and I know number of laps after pitstop, so I know how much I need in total. To work out 'what I need' - 'what I have' would be an extra mental calculation, and that's not easy at speed whilst racing.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
wait wait

so are u saying that:
- if i start with a certain percentage (for example 20%)
- i need 35 from start for finish the race
- pit at 15% yet in the tank
- i dont have to set it at +15% but at 30 so it do 30-15=15% and add it in the fuel tank???

Is that what have u said?
-
ok thks, thought was only the percentage to add to the actual one
-
Quote from thisnameistaken :That's the way it should work (IMHO), but it doesn't work like that.

if its like that then the fuel should be mesured in litres or gallons
#9 - Renku
How it should and should not work?
The method that is used atm is the easiest. In the need of pitstop strategy change during a race, I only have to do one calculation: remaining laps x fuel % per lap, I do not care how much I have left. If there would come a change (add this % at pit) that a few racers want, would mean that the remaining 30000+ LFS racers would have start learning from the beginning again, stupid if you ask me.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG