Left V Right hand drive
(32 posts, started )
Quote from AndroidXP :Well, there is a difference, but this only really matters when you drive at a pace where normal improvement is already very hard to archive and the setup options are pretty much at optimum. Then such little things like on which side the 70kg sit do indeed make a difference.

i couldn't of put it better m8, but as my driving view is "wheels only" (not cockpit) i hardly ever see what side my driver is on. but i alway put him on the inside of the track.
The only situation in which I have personally noticed a difference is running the UF1 at FE Club:
Light car in which the pilot weight is very significant and most of the laptime difference due to performance through three right hand turns.
Quote from Woz :unless you are the sort of person that runs asymetric setups to get the last few 10th out of the track by tuning the car for the difference in left and right corners dont worry about what side you sit on.

I never bother with changing driver side but almost always run assymetric camber/pressures.
I switch sides
#30 - wark
Quote from Fordman :Well the way I understand this is.

Clockwise is faster to have RHD
Anti Clockwise is LHD

Also add to this is:

Most corners left hand then LHD is better
Most corners right hand, then RHD is better

Its all about weight distribution. This opinion is only what i have heard and not quoting from anybody. It maybe the wrong way around, but as far i know its correct

Fordie

Except, for example, the most pivotal corners on the clockwise blackwood course (exit speed before straights) are left-handers. I'm sure there's one or two oddballs more in the mix.
#31 - Woz
Quote from Bob Smith :I never bother with changing driver side but almost always run assymetric camber/pressures.

Probably like me and just stick to the side you drive IRL as thats the side you are used to or just prefer.
I've been driving for 20 years. I've been sim racing on the PC for 10 years. After all that, it would be difficult for me to switch back and forth. I would loose more seconds out of inconsistancy of switching than I would gain from it being better for a particular track.

I've been sitting on the left hand side for 20 years, I sit on the left hand side when I sim race.

Left V Right hand drive
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG