The online racing simulator

Poll : Would you pay or not?

I would pay 20€ for Nürburgring Nordschleife
I would pay 5€ or 10€ for Laguna seca
I'm not interested paying for track addons
I would pay 5€ or 10€ for Bathurst
None of the tracks listed interest me, but I'd be willing to pay for some other track(s)
I would pay less for one of these
I would pay 5€ or 10€ for Mosport
I would pay even more for one of these
I'm poor or my mummy wouldn't allow me to buy one
Would you pay for a real life track?
A poll and a short question:

Would you pay 5€ or 10€ to have one of these in LFS*:
Mosport In-car
Laguna Seca In-car
Bathurst In-car

Or would you pay 20€ for the Nürburgring Nordschleife? in-car

Vote accordingly. Let's think that it would be just this simple. No need to think about online compatiblity or anything else, just clear questions

*All the prices are based on my imagination.
I would be paying +20 euros for "Spa" track add-on.
Yes.
Spa? illepall

Nürburgring!!!!

DONNIGTON PARK
I'm not a big fan of spa, donnington, or laguna seca. personally I like Interlagos and the Hungaroring.

But rather than pay for real tracks I'd rather just hold out for S3 and get more LFS tracks. I enjoy what they've made for us.

speedfreak227
I would pay for...

Isle of Man TT course
Macau
Thruxton
Turkish F1 Track (forgot its name)
and any kind of rally stage

However i would give my left love nut for a full open city...long shot i know
#8 - Renku
Nothing!
You want real life tracks? Go play rFactor!
Yes i would pay for anything that community agrees on. My favorites are: Nordschleife, Spa, Brands hatch, whatever actually.
I can't describe how much would i want to have one real track, then to see LFS gets modable...
One real track and a car per half a year for example, payable like 10 euros, or whatever.. That would be great..

But of course, i totally enjoy LFS tracks, and i dream of the day, when some rich saudi arabian kid cries his father to make him a track like that in a game... aaaa... sweet dreams..
Guilles villenueve circuit.. and Nürburgring Nordschleife
No, I don't have any interest in having 'real tracks'.

The LFS tracks are fine ( great, in fact), there just aren't enough of them...yet.
Of course, 30€ and 40€
Laguna Seca and Nurb... that's all I would ever need to last me years and years of enjoyment :up:

I seriously want to try and get some connections with Laguna Seca and see if it can happen with LFS. I live not far from it, and go there quite often. I don't know who to contact, or what to do about it. But I DO know that the developers need to see the track themselves for data and accuracy (Eric would - and has said this himself). Unless they can get a plethora of data and reference pictures/videos, then I only think it could be possible. It is a lot of work to recreate a track I think... maybe even harder than making your own fantasy one.
Quote from Tweaker :It is a lot of work to recreate a track I think... maybe even harder than making your own fantasy one.

Sure it is... You have to make everything almost perfect, so there are no time differences when comparing to real life. I think it is really hard to do. That's why i would pay extra for Eric to do that eventually, hard work deserves to be paid.
Quote from Tweaker :Laguna Seca and Nurb... that's all I would ever need to last me years and years of enjoyment :up:

I seriously want to try and get some connections with Laguna Seca and see if it can happen with LFS. I live not far from it, and go there quite often. I don't know who to contact, or what to do about it. But I DO know that the developers need to see the track themselves for data and accuracy (Eric would - and has said this himself). Unless they can get a plethora of data and reference pictures/videos, then I only think it could be possible. It is a lot of work to recreate a track I think... maybe even harder than making your own fantasy one.

Should be great man, contact them
#16 - JJ72
for me, around 20GBP for a nicely done track is ideal.
I probably would pay, but voted for the 'not interested' option, as lack of real tracks does not affect my views on this game at all. In fact I think it has some benfits.

As I've said before, I would be just as happy for Eric to make tracks in the style of their real life counterparts as I would for the real thing. i.e. if he made a long, windy 24km track with a big straight at the end instead of the real Nordschleife.
It matters little to me if the corners are the same or not (I just want a difficult long track!). Eric would do a great job anyway.

Having non-real replica tracks would also save the inevitable bickering about the accuracy of the physics, when people work out how to do impossibly fast times compared to real life.
agree with farcar. some tracks with reasonable elevation change would be great (bathurst ) and if I had to pay I would, but I'd be just as happy for well designed sim tracks.
Quote from Renku :Nothing!
You want real life tracks? Go play rFactor!

Nevah.
Quote from Tweaker :Laguna Seca and Nurb... that's all I would ever need to last me years and years of enjoyment :up:

There is certainly something strange about those 2 tracks. I have both, Laguna in 2 or three versions, for GPL and every time I load GPL I just can't help myself taking a spin around 'seca. I certainly wish you all the luck with your efforts
Quote from farcar :As I've said before, I would be just as happy for Eric to make tracks in the style of their real life counterparts as I would for the real thing. i.e. if he made a long, windy 24km track with a big straight at the end instead of the real Nordschleife.
It matters little to me if the corners are the same or not (I just want a difficult long track!). Eric would do a great job anyway.

The problem with anything over 20km long and not-Nürburgring would be the single fact that it would not be the Nürburgring. I feel that the major part of the 'ring's magic is because of its legendary history. It's kind of a pinnacle of ultimate driver's challenge, there are other and have been similar tracks but none of them share the same passion and glory. It would just be a 20km track, a long fantasy track.
#20 - Nard
Quote from Hyperactive :The problem with anything over 20km long and not-Nürburgring would be the single fact that it would not be the Nürburgring. I feel that the major part of the 'ring's magic is because of its legendary history.

Just for this exact reason, the only track I would actually want to see in LFS is the Nurb, even if I have some kind of connection with the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve and I love the place, it's just another track, whereas the Nurb is a legend.
Quote from Hyperactive :The problem with anything over 20km long and not-Nürburgring would be the single fact that it would not be the Nürburgring. I feel that the major part of the 'ring's magic is because of its legendary history. It's kind of a pinnacle of ultimate driver's challenge, there are other and have been similar tracks but none of them share the same passion and glory. It would just be a 20km track, a long fantasy track.

You're right, it's a special bit of road. I just think that Eric is such a great track maker, that he could do a great 'impression' of it.
Anyway, I cringe at the thought of physics trolls (new term) bitching about how unrealistic it is if it was ever made.
Ill pay $100 for bathurst with V8 supercars

I payed $100 for v8 supercars 3 and it was very dissappointing, im sure the lfs dev could do much better
#23 - aoun
Agree with Arrow!

Would pay up to $25AUD for (each):

-Spa
-Bathurst
-Nurburgring
-Laguna Seca
Nürburgring, Bathurst, or any other track with lots of elevation changes. that would be amazing. id definitly pay.
#25 - aoun
also agree . Devs, please consider this .

Would you pay for a real life track?
(184 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG