The online racing simulator
#1 - axus
Race 3 - Post-race discussion
Here's the qualy results, everyone

I've settled back to enjoy a nice LX race from the grand stands because my connection is worse than ever tonight. I'll post race results after.
Attached images
LXCC-Tues-Race3-qual.JPG
How long did qually take today?

Hmm; maybe I could get LFSTV working at work....
I'm here early

Qually went well I guess, but my lap wasn't all that good.

Race started well, and was having a good race with Filur. He got me in the end fair and square (nice move), and that allowed Lars to get me too. I fought back, but in a moment of weird lagginess I tapped him (I think, his car wasn't actually visible) and I saw him spin off. He pitted and rejoined. If it was my fault I'm sorry.

In unblocking messages and apologising I lost a place to Poolek, so I decided to try and do some quicker laps (to hell with tyre temps) and try and get back nearer to them. But then I noticed the time at half distance, noticed we weren't going to finish until at least 9:30, and decided to bale in a safe place. Actually I mucked that up too - hit my Media button on my keyboard, so lost LFS focus, and ended up ctrl-alt-deleting out of it in task manager.

Sorry I couldn't stay, but although qually was quicker it still started late, and I simply couldn't squeeze an extra few minutes of LFS.

Well done Bawbag (so far) for T7R, and to the rest of my team (especially Charles) I'm so sorry I had to leave the race.

Thanks Anton again - you're doing a cracking job really.
Right, I was comming here to inquire since I checked the server right now at LFSW and saw you were not on.... I wondered what transpired...

Actually I kind of wish LFSW would give more info... There should be "race tracking" feature or something.
-
(felplacerad) DELETED by felplacerad
#5 - GabbO
Wow, thrown off the server after crossing the finish line... WOOOOW

sadly my teammate overtook 2 cars in the last lap, and due to the
regulations, that will not count now... maan

I'm wondering what is the reason for all those server crashes....???
Had pretty lonely race, few fights in the start with oxy and maczo and later with xrroy. Chose 63/66 fuel strategy which after the race seems to be worst strategy I could have picked.

Still great racing again, thanks for axus for organizing this

EDIT: Here's the replay too: linky
Well that wasn't very fun. What seemed to be a good race slowly turned in to a horrendous festival of unfortunate events.

I'll take the blame though. Horci, im sorry.
#8 - axus
Quote from GabbO :Wow, thrown off the server after crossing the finish line... WOOOOW

It is strange. But seing as the server crashed after the 1st place man had finished, we shall award full points I think, based on positions right before the server crash. I'll contact 500 servers again, as soon as I can find James and get him to check the logs. Can't do much more.... if anyone can provide a non-500 servers server situated in Europe for the next race, I think it'd be good to give it a bash...
#9 - maczo
Oh boy, does my a** hurt
That was really a looooong race... and still I lost the battle for 2nd by less than a second I believe illepall Nice race JJ
I've made a lot of errors, taking some dirt on my tyres regularly. The blurry textures on the border of tarmac and grass didn't make it any easier to use the whole width of the track, too :thumbsdow
All in all not a bad race, but not too much action this time, even on the first laps.
Try UKCT?
#11 - d6nn
replays plz =)
looks like you had a nice time grats to JJ
and damn server problems again :\

btw it would be nice to have LFS spectator to work for seeing races
#13 - axus
Replay, kindly provided by Oxygene.
#14 - bozo
Lost my connection with the finishing line in sight. More than happy to have my points as at the time of lost connection .

I thought that I had a good start today, gained one place early on, then lost a place to Gabbo. Managed to stay reasonably close to Gabbo for a few laps, then he decided to take a trip into the kitty litter. Grabbed my chance, tried to put as much distance between myself and Gabbo, and hoped that he would make another mistake in trying to close the gap. My plan didn't work . He caught me before too long, but I did enjoy a few laps fending him off. Once he got past though I could see that I'd been holding him up, as a gap quickly grew. That was it really, then I just circulated, again, and again!

Mind you, I did a good impersonation of a Super Aguri from about lap 18, getting lapped by quite a few drivers. But I was expecting that given the performance advantage of the LX6 on this circuit. Indeed, my fuel calculations were based on only doing 29 laps .

Thanks for organising again Axus. It was enjoyable practicing and racing here. Hopefully you'll be able to join us again in the next race, in a racing capacity.
-
(Hyperactive) DELETED by Hyperactive
Quote from maczo :Oh boy, does my a** hurt
That was really a looooong race... and still I lost the battle for 2nd by less than a second I believe illepall Nice race JJ
I've made a lot of errors, taking some dirt on my tyres regularly. The blurry textures on the border of tarmac and grass didn't make it any easier to use the whole width of the track, too :thumbsdow
All in all not a bad race, but not too much action this time, even on the first laps.

Nice fight overall, had some contacts again heh, my faults. First was when you came from the pits, but was that last corners thingy too hard, lost the rear on brakes but keeped it full so it came to your direction "a bit". The weird thing was with Poolek, didnt he saw us coming or what happened, in that race situation and from my point of view it really looked like he was closing the door, and when he was a lapped lx4 and no direct fighting with any other 4's i there thougth he was doing that on purpose, to help his team mate. So i didnt took the inside line there and we touched quite hard. But overall nice race and congrats to our guest starring Bawbag.
After finally getting on the server and staying there, i got it all sorted out, what I was supposed to do and how it would be done.

Thanks for the chance to race and thanks to those who answered my nooby questions of do's and don't do's (Even after reading the rules, I still find questions)

Second corner for me on lap was a bit hairy, but after that the next 10 laps I drove fast laps, upon realising this I started to drive like poop and grase some walls.

I had a weird thing happen though, the long right hander after the 1st split, was going into that and changing my rear ARB (Had to start with more because the tyres got to hot) and going into it I touched the throttle and it went on full, so I went off towards the wall, I touched my brakes and they went full to, so bam, right into the wall. I dunno what button I pressed but it was although I press a re calibrated pedals button (Never knew I had one) and all it took was 100% brake and throttle to get them back, although every time I pressed a button i was expecting it to peter me up again.

Sorry for chatting to, can't help myself. Also for leaving the server so soon, but it appears it crashed anyway, I had company from about lap 27 so I just headed away once i'd finished.

Big thanks to Axus for running the league, he done well in the circumstances of timing out during the qualifying and think this a very well run league, shame I missed my DTM race but I never realised I had opted for the "Special Enduro" And thanks to Charles to for trusting me with his LX and his tag!
Yeah, nice race, but actually i like more longer ones...
Sadly a had a lot of problems today:
- switched setup 30min before race
- neighbor came knocking all the time
- my router killed himself just after qualifying, lucky me (at least could manage it)
- Got a crash to desktop just before the laplap (never ever happened before)
- a the start i have lost a lot positions, don't know why
- in the 1st half i drove so unconstantly, an so slow.. also don't know why

An i was makeing many mistakes, also quite unusual for me.. then i fell behind bozo cause of a mistake, and - well maybe this is why i found my rhythm back, haveing someone in sight to catch up. Too bad that i was that slow in the first laps.. I just cant concentrate really when i encounter so many problems just before the race...
Quote from Alles :btw it would be nice to have LFS spectator to work for seeing races

+1

Maybe Axus will be kind and turn on the InSim Relay

Quote from GabbO :- Got a crash to desktop just before the laplap (never ever happened before)

Did LFS crash completely or just minimize to the taskbar?
I had a great race, until about 2 laps after passing Tristan and driving pretty much alone i started obsessing about the hay bales afraid to get some kind of penalty. Spent 20 laps worrying about that before JJ and maczo appeared, i should've let you pass on the straight before the twisty section, didn't want to try "organizing" anything in the cornery parts, sorry if i held you up a bit.

Happy with my result of course.
Quote from GabbO :Wow, thrown off the server after crossing the finish line... WOOOOW

Did you see a message stating MP REPLAY OUT OF STASH SPACE...that message popped up last Saturday 4 or 5 laps before the crash and then did it again on Sunday @ the Christmas Cadet Classic.

Ant
#21 - axus
Just got finishing positions out of the replay. Here they are - if you have any problem with these please speak out because I may have missed something. These include provisional points - they are not final.

[B]
Pos Classpos Driver Team Car Provisional Points
[/B]1 1 Ray Mooney Tripple7Racing LX6 16
2 2 JJ Nylander De Loor Motorsport LX6 12
3 3 M.Kisly K&M Racing LX6 9
4 4 Hyperactive Speedsix LX6 7
5 5 Zolo WRC LX6 6
6 6 XRRoy 1st Racing LX6 5
7 7 Gab RMT LX6 4
8 8 D Horvath Tiaya Kemuri LX6 3
9 9 FEL Fred loves pie LX6 2
10 1 Filur Fred loves pie LX4 12+1
11 2 Poolek K&M Racing LX4 8
12 3 Gabbo RMT LX4 6
13 4 Bozo Speedsix LX4 4
14 5 Pow WRC LX4 2
15 6 Alex Barbu 1st Racing LX4 1

EDIT: Here's team provisional points for this event:

[B]Team Points[/B]
K&M Racing 17
Tripple7Racing 16
Fred Loves Pie 15
De Loor Motorsport 12
Speedsix 11
RMT 10
WRC Team 8
1st Racing 6
Tiaya Kemuri 3

And final standings after Round 2 and provisional (not final) standings after Round 3:

[B]Team Points (Round 2) Provisional (Round 3)[/B]
K&M Racing 26.5 43.5
De Loor Motorsport 24 36
Tripple7Racing 21 37
vMaxSR B 21 21
Fred Loves Pie 20.5 35.5
RMT 12 22
Speedsix 8 19
1st Racing 6 12
Tiaya Kemuri 4.5 7.5
WRC Team 3.5 11.5

I think it's time to update vmax webstie with the results..
#23 - axus
Quote from kamo2000 :I think it's time to update vmax webstie with the results..

James has had the Round 2 results since yesterday. I'll shout at him later. We can't put up the Round 3 results before we have seen that there are no infringements etc. A couple of incidents have already been reported to me.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo : +1

Maybe Axus will be kind and turn on the InSim Relay

Did LFS crash completely or just minimize to the taskbar?

Completely. Actually, it didnt crashed like normal programs crash,
it just completely disappeared!! Never seen that before...
Restarted LFS, climbed up the grid, and luckily it worked from that on...

Quote from AtomAnt :Did you see a message stating MP REPLAY OUT OF STASH SPACE...that message popped up last Saturday 4 or 5 laps before the crash and then did it again on Sunday @ the Christmas Cadet Classic.

Ant

No. No weird messaged at all. Actually saw this message already a few times on other server, and nothing serious happened..
#25 - axus
Changed the thread title... just for fun.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG