The online racing simulator
Nothing has changed...
(26 posts, started )
Nothing has changed...
Nothing has changed... three months has passed since the last time I played LFS.

Yesterday, I decided that I was in the mood again and started racing again. Not completing the first lap I already realized the same stupid online behavior was still there: people banning without a real cause, people driving straight through the curves to see if they hit somebody, not using the brakes, driving on the opposite direction, etc....

LFS is great fun, too bad for some people out there which are trying to ruin your race just for their own benefit.

Andrew
#2 - Vain
Those people you are refering to are not representated on the forums.

Vain
You must have joined a bad server, I really don't see any of that kind of behavior any more. Try joining servers that don't allow all cars, for some reason, people seem better behaved when only one class is allowed. It's too bad you had a bad experience.
Don't give up so quick man! Life is about having patients, maybe 1 in 10 servers i go to has people like that, just takes a few min to find the right spot I have had some of the best races of my online racing career latly in the fox races, close comepetition, everyone minding their manners (specially during early morning when they kiddies are still in bed )
i have to say i've never had that problem in S2. you must be in the wrong servers. choose a server that is well known, and usually has an admin.
Quote from DodgeRacer :Life is about having patients,

No, thats Doctors!

But yes, you must have picked a really bad server, because I don't see that online anymore. Obviously more noobs drive the Formula cars than is wise and cause silly accidents trying to pass 12 people in 100 yards after the start, but as for silly banning or proper wrecking it's very much safe...
#7 - AndyC
I havn't experienced that for a while, but a few mins ago it just happened. On SQ Classic I was chasing the leader (was must faster than him) and had just lapped someone. They followed down the straight, I braked for the hairpin, they never.

Nothing you can do about it, i just either quit or start again.

Shame really because it spoils the game for the people who actually enjoying racing.

They just need to grow pubes and get a life.

Andy.
Quote from AndyC :I havn't experienced that for a while, but a few mins ago it just happened. On SQ Classic I was chasing the leader (was must faster than him) and had just lapped someone. They followed down the straight, I braked for the hairpin, they never.

Nothing you can do about it, i just either quit or start again.

Shame really because it spoils the game for the people who actually enjoying racing.

They just need to grow pubes and get a life.

Andy.

Are you sure he did that deliberately? I mean he was a back marker...
He might not EVER brake that turn right. Alot of new people eat it there on a regular basis (you are talking about the first turn past the pit exit, right?)
#9 - AndyC
yes, the very first turn after the pit exit and yes he meant it, I looked at the replay. Full throttle into the side of me and never said sorry.

Shame really

Andy.
#10 - jmkz
maybe they are used to more arcade racers where you use the other cars to take your corners at full speed?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
after a year or so of lfs I finally decided a few weeks back to get stuck into some 'organised' races. Best thing I could have done, can't believe I didn't do it earlier. I've had some great races on public servers, but I've also had plenty of crap ones. An organised race means you're pretty much guaranteed a large field using competitive cars.
three letters
You know, I haven't seen an intentional Turn 1 rammer in a long time (the kind of player that doesn't brake and aims for everyone turning).... All I've seen is some people that get into accidents and threaten to ban/kick... just silly stuff... unless they do it intentionally... but that is rare -- at least whenever I play.
Quote from Tweaker :You know, I haven't seen an intentional Turn 1 rammer in a long time...

Agreed. I've seen some optimistic turn 1 late braking, but not the classic idiot move of ploughing into the whole field. I think the general standard of driving in LFS is pretty good: most people are out for a clean race rather than a destruction derby.

I admit it gets a bit frustrating when you leave room for someone who's intent on barging through (lap one, turn one or two of course) and they not only fail to notice that you've done them a favour but repay you by running wide on exit and nudging you into a wall. But then these guys probably fart in lifts. What can you do?
Quote from jtr99 :But then these guys probably fart in lifts. What can you do?

nothing to do with anything, but it took me a second to figure out what you meant by that. in north america we call them elevators.

speedfreak227
Quote from speedfreak227 :nothing to do with anything, but it took me a second to figure out what you meant by that. in north america we call them elevators.

speedfreak227

Well, If you give him a lift (in the hitchhiking sense), I suppose he might fart too...

Bt, I have to say that I never ever met a wrecker on s2 licensed servers.
Another story are demo-servers though. And there are some things I do, if stumle upon somenoe who wants to spoil the race:
I ignore them. If they spin me, I return to the track and keep racing. If they wreck me, I pit and continiue racing. Both commentless.
If they chose another victim than me, because they do not get the satisfaction out of it, then I challange them to wreck me. Once I managed to pull of 3 clean 5 lap races in a row with the wrecker chasing me, and therefor not wrecking anybody else.
If the wrecker gets tired of that (and still refuses to leave the server) and again wrecks the others, I start to backfire: I try to block his way, wreck him, till he can't drive and lock him somewhere in the green, or better gravel.
And if he pits, he's trapped. You can block the exit quite easily, and if he drives backwards to the entrance --> kick, and everyone happy.
#17 - Vain
I didn't find any wreckers on S2 servers yet too. Of course accidents happen, but that is caused by both slow and fast drivers.
Often enough I saw fast driver try extremely dangerous overtaking-attempts as if they were the hero in a racing-film on TV... People just forget that racing isn't about being fast, but being first. That's why they tend to believe that in a race everyone should bow down to their mighty pb-time and make space for them. This inability to let go of the throttle causes accidents.
Of course there are also slow driver who cause accidents, but they don't cause them because they were deliberately trying dangerous overtaking attempts, but as a pure accident, f.e. when they brake into the last chicane of aston national, spin away and hit someone who was better at braking. Of course this is also frustrating, but it's not deliberate.
Closing statement:
I had the worst racing experience with fast drivers.

Vain
yeah man.. awoid "all car" servers and join some leagues.
Hi adreuroig! I think you know it, but in spain we have a good league every monday with more than 80 racers. Those races are very serious. Since I logged in the spanish league I have never enter a public server.
During the week we train the race for next monday in some spanish servers so the entirely week you can race against other racers.
(enga un saludo)
Quote from speedfreak227 :nothing to do with anything, but it took me a second to figure out what you meant by that. in north america we call them elevators.

Yes, I know. Sorry, I was considering a translation (lifts = elevators) but then that seemed like trying too hard. There are other forums I participate in where the North American majority is so extreme that I would just use your version of the word to avoid confusion. But given the Euro-bias of LFS, I thought I'd just come right out with "lifts". Feel free to respond with a baseball analogy.
Quote from Vain :I had the worst racing experience with fast drivers.

Interesting. I know what you mean -- had a terrible experience one day on Aston National driving a car that I don't usually drive. Maybe the RA? Anyway, I was leaving everyone plenty of room to get past me, but one "I am faster" guy ploughed into the back of me not once but twice and then instead of simply accepting that I was braking later than he was, he voted to kick me off the server. I guess he thought I was brake-testing him or something, but this was very far from being my intention.
Today after two weeks of break I gave a try to oval racing. Damn, in 10 8-laps races I couldn't finish normally. There were two oversteers, and all the other cases I was either unlucky on my own to hit/touch somebody and crash myself, or was hit by couple of idiots, and was twice crashed by fools spinning onto my side at the start. Damn. What vexes me a lot is that others, who are several laps ahead/behind try at any cost escape from drafting together (I really can draft without crashing).
Thanks for the replies everybody.

It's just dissapoiting to see people wrecking other racers fun, but like you say, if you're lucky to get into a "good" server, then you have a ball!!!

Zurdospeed: Yes, thank you. I know about it, but unfortunately sometimes I cannot commit to the races since I travel a lot. Gracias!!!!

Andrew
Quote from jtr99 :Yes, I know. Sorry, I was considering a translation (lifts = elevators) but then that seemed like trying too hard. There are other forums I participate in where the North American majority is so extreme that I would just use your version of the word to avoid confusion. But given the Euro-bias of LFS, I thought I'd just come right out with "lifts". Feel free to respond with a baseball analogy.

LOL one of the things I started doing since i started playing LFS is
I sometimes catch my self spelling Tires... Tyres
LOL I guess that's "fair dinkum" since a lot of people that post to this forum also use the word... Y'all
Quote from jtr99 : But given the Euro-bias of LFS, I thought I'd just come right out with "lifts". Feel free to respond with a baseball analogy.

Nothing has changed...
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG