The online racing simulator
Hosting online games on a client?
Guys, is there any advice please on hosting on my PC and playing at the same time? Only the popular servers are the same old tracks with the same old cars are being played time after time and I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in something a little different.

PS forgive me if this has been asked before, a quick search didn't pull results.
did you try here: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Hosting ?
there is no problem with hosting your own server and playin on it yourself. you'll need a pretty good upstream(upload) speed on your broadband. and you'll more than likely have to open the correct ports on your router.
Most of the hosting guides, last time I checked, focused on using the dedicated server. You can use the full client; Multiplayer > Start New Multiplayer Game and you can configure all the options there. However, ensuring that ports are contactable (i.e. port forwarding / firewall access) is still relevant.

If you intend to use a different PC, then I recommend the dedicated server.

As recommended by Niki, the manual/wiki contains some information. If you're after some advice, or help, you might want to look at this thread (a mirror of one of the wiki articles).
Thanks guys.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG