The online racing simulator
Vista and Sidewider FF wheel
(10 posts, started )
Hello,

Since I upgraded my machine to Vista, I can't get both the brake and accelerator working with LFS and my sidewinder FF wheel. It used to work fine under XP, but now I can't seem to set it up so the peddles work independently of each other.

Any ideas? Or does anyone know of a decent FF wheel which works with LFS under Vista? I'm missing LFS so much I'm willing to rush out and buy a new wheel if that's what it takes!

Thanks,
A.
Did you install the SW software? It is necessary to have in order to set the pedals to "separate". I wonder if the SW control panel still works on Vista...
im using the same wheel under XP64. The drivers install auto and then I had to install the Side wider software, Which actualy doesnt work under x64. well it works and gives me propper FFB etc but if I try to open the SW control panel it crashes. I have to use LFS to adjust things like FF strength etc.
Quote from AndroidXP :Did you install the SW software? It is necessary to have in order to set the pedals to "separate". I wonder if the SW control panel still works on Vista...

Not sure : I have a SideWinder FFB USB, Windows XP SP2.
SW drivers V4.0 worked fine with an Athlon XP, but crash with my AMD64 (when opening macro tab). Microsoft considers wheel controlers obsolete (no support since 3 or 4 years at least).
Drivers 4.0 aren't Windows XP compliant (they work, but there's a notice window when installing). So, Vista, I'm not sure.
Quote from AndroidXP :Did you install the SW software? It is necessary to have in order to set the pedals to "separate". I wonder if the SW control panel still works on Vista...

Yes, I've got the v4.0 one installed, but still no joy. With no pedels pressed, I get full breaking, the right pedel controls the Y axis (in LFS), and the left, the RZ, but I can't seam to configure LFS to take notice of both.

I didn't realise, until I started looking, that MS have dropped the wheels... It's a real shame, my sidewinder is a good few years old, but I'm quite found of it. I guess I'm going to have to wait until Vista comes out in the main-stream, and see what's avalible for it then.

A.
#7 - neRu
Thats just because you havent configured LFS to take seperate pedals instead of combined.
Quote from neRu :Thats just because you havent configured LFS to take seperate pedals instead of combined.

Doh! You're right. Sorry for being such a muppet! :-)

A.
#9 - Woz
Quote from adds21 :Yes, I've got the v4.0 one installed, but still no joy. With no pedels pressed, I get full breaking, the right pedel controls the Y axis (in LFS), and the left, the RZ, but I can't seam to configure LFS to take notice of both.

I didn't realise, until I started looking, that MS have dropped the wheels... It's a real shame, my sidewinder is a good few years old, but I'm quite found of it. I guess I'm going to have to wait until Vista comes out in the main-stream, and see what's avalible for it then.

A.

Don't hold your breath, I very much doubt that they will bother to upgrade drivers for a wheel they no longer support any more.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG