The online racing simulator
Woof: Woof; Which Dog:/?
(45 posts, started )
#1 - CSU1
Who here knows their dog's? I'm going to buy a dog shortly before Christmas for myself not the kids, and NO it's not the sad lonely pubby story left hungry and neglected after x-mas, I've been thinking of getting a dog for some months now.
It would need to be plassid around children as I have two young girls.
It would have to be small in size, and hairless, maybe a terrier? but there mad and hyper so some guidence please?
I used to have a Japanese Akita, lovely dog, very quiet, used to molt like a bugger though, and he was HUGE.

Dan,
#3 - CSU1
Yeah , I can't stand those hairs, looks discusting all over the car/house
Quote from CSU1 :It would need to be plassid around children as I have two young girls.
It would have to be small in size, and hairless, maybe a terrier? but there mad and hyper so some guidence please?

What you describe is not a dog - it's this.
#5 - CSU1
Quote from xaotik :What you describe is not a dog - it's this.

lol im sure that link is soooooo quirkey & funny, i cant go outside atm tho
It all sums up to the attached image.

EDIT:
The feature list mentions "AIBO is capable of six feelings" - knowing Sony that probably means that if you feel it up more than 6 times it'll hump your leg.
Attached images
aibo.jpg
#7 - CSU1
yeah,

lmao,

I'd look sweet running around the park after him illepall
Quote from CSU1 :I'd look sweet running around the park after him illepall

Well, the only living type you could get that is shorthaired and tiny would be those miniature Doberman Pinschers - which I detest much more than Chihuahuas. The last ones can have a character larger than they appear and get over their size-induced insecurities quicker. Not to mention they're extremely protective of their "family".

Keep in mind you'll need to take them out quite a bit in order to get them to get over their said insecurities - especially the Pinschers.

Problem is that with most of those tiny hairless mutts you got to get them shirts or they'll spend their time shaking (until they drop). Usually the fawn-striped ones are good lookers too.

Another interesting breed are the smaller boxers - those are short-haired, got character, will not be yapping at peoples' ankles all the time.
#9 - CSU1
Quote from xaotik :Well, the only living type you could get that is shorthaired and tiny would be those miniature Doberman Pinschers - which I detest much more than Chihuahuas. The last ones can have a character larger than they appear and get over their size-induced insecurities quicker. Not to mention they're extremely protective of their "family".

Keep in mind you'll need to take them out quite a bit in order to get them to get over their said insecurities - especially the Pinschers.

Problem is that with most of those tiny hairless mutts you got to get them shirts or they'll spend their time shaking (until they drop).

Ok, I'm begining to get the picture; If I go for one of the tiny hairless mutt's I'm going to have to dress it up like some sort of live doll, hence the neighbours are going to see pete walk by their window every Sat morning boasting a dog in a dress.....Erm' No! Don't think so lol ffs I'll look like a bloody twank...flamboyantly skipping down the road to the shop with my live doll on a lead!
Na! I want a man's dog...not too scarey tho' ...small boxer seems nice ...ugly as hell tho'...
Quote from CSU1 :Na! I want a man's dog...not too scarey tho' ...small boxer seems nice ...ugly as hell tho'...

Yeah, it's pretty hard to get one with a face that doesn't look like an accident. Another one that I'd opt for any day would be a Labrador Retriever. Not too big or hairy and it's hard to beat as a family dog.

The only other smaller dog I can think of, that alas is hairy as hell is a sheltie - the small collie. If the character is anything like a collie then it's a sure winner for a family dog as well and it's a looker too. Only problem is the hair...

EDIT:
Oh yeah, and the chow-chow - your girls would go crazy over one of those. Friend has one, it's about less than knee-high and suprisingly doesn't shed much compared to say the sheltie/collie. As cute as it looks when docile it can go super scary when angered/protective - that mane all stands up, very impressive. Another protective family dog that one.
i've an Old English Sheepdog (yes the one off the Dulux ads)
Great with Kids and very well tempered. Our one is VERY protective, if someone walks passed out front gate he starts barking until you say "It's ok Jordan". Then he shuts up!
#12 - siLc
I have a spoiled dachhund. Drinks coffee every night, eats only meat and sits on my desk and watches neighbour`s cats through the window.
Quote from nikimere :he starts barking until you say "It's ok Jordan". Then he shuts up!

(the funny part is that the dog is actually named "Sparky")
#14 - CSU1
Quote from nikimere :i've an Old English Sheepdog (yes the one off the Dulux ads)
Great with Kids and very well tempered. Our one is VERY protective, if someone walks passed out front gate he starts barking until you say "It's ok Jordan". Then he shuts up!

Labrador>retriever mucho dinero I' imagine probably have to get someone to make one for me ....How many cows and how many thousands of gallons of milk/water does that monster drink/eat daily Niki?
staff bull terrier...my mate has one...lovely dog, and only get to maybe 1.5 feet off the ground, but soo strong.
Quote from xaotik :(the funny part is that the dog is actually named "Sparky")

Maybe he was talking to his wife

(sorry, bad jokes...)
At the risk of sounding preachy: Head down to your nearest rescue dog/dog home place. I got my dog, a Collie/Terrier/probably something else, cross, from a dogs home. I can't boast about the breed, but he's the best dog I've ever known and I feel great that I could give him a good home when the chances are he might not have had one otherwise, and he is very healthy, something you certainly can't count on all pedigree dogs being.
I'd advise anybody to ignore the expensive "pure-bred" dogs. You won't care what sort of dog it is or even what it looks like after a while, plus people taking dogs from dog's homes and rescue centres really helps keep those places going.

What is a pedigree anyway? It's just a mongrel that's been around for a while
#18 - CSU1
*Imagines what a cross would look like> Niki's sheep dog and a Chow-Chow*
What about a Whippet? (no comments from the peanut gallery :razz It's a cute dog and very friendly.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Attached images
Whippet.jpg
He eats like a horse, infact he'd eat the whole house if we gave it to him. He never seems to know when he's full! Just keeps eating until he gets sick... stupid dog!!

I remember we had one of those 1kg tubs of butter and i left it on the table after lunch (i had only opened it b4 lunch so it was full!), he climbed onto the table and licked every ounce of the 1Kg block of butter out of it's carton!! lol!!
Get a boxer they are the most hyper dogs i know and they never want to sleep it is always play play play or they will give you the most saddest look when they are bored.
Quote from sinbad :You won't care what sort of dog it is or even what it looks like after a while, plus people taking dogs from dog's homes and rescue centres really helps keep those places going.

That's a good point - just use the breeds as a general sort of guideline.
Also, ask around your friends and relatives, perhaps they know someone who's dog has had pups recently.

IMO, whenever you look at your dog, no matter how old or big he/she's gotten to be, you'll still see that cute pup you first met. At least that's been the case with me so far - I always get "whozzagoodboythen?" whenever I roll over to get my tummy scratched.
Quote from rc10racer :Get a boxer they are the most hyper dogs i know and they never want to sleep it is always play play play or they will give you the most saddest look when they are bored.

A boxer should be ok with children.

I/We have a half labrador ourselves. He's the most friendly "beast" ever. But he has so much energy . For example, if you won't go out running/walking/playing with him some days, he goes exploring himself.
Quote from Lible :A boxer should be ok with children.

I/We have a half labrador ourselves. He's the most friendly "beast" ever. But he has so much energy . For example, if you won't go out running/walking/playing with him some days, he goes exploring himself.

Same with my dog all it does is run around in circle and chasing squirrel but you now that the squirrel is taking the p**s out of the dog.

Boxer are very good with children my sister has a 8 month old daughter and it get on with her fine and even plays with her when she is in her bouncer
#25 - CSU1
Quote from tinyk :What about a Whippet? (no comments from the peanut gallery :razz It's a cute dog and very friendly.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

God tinyk! Don't let your dog near Niki's dog for fear he might eat it lol
Anyway what is the peanut gallery?

(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG