The online racing simulator
block replay messages ingame option
their should be an ingame option to block all messages in a replay. nuff said
Agreed
Quote from Vendetta :their should be an ingame option to block all messages in a replay. nuff said

Totaly aggree
And this bloackin ALL msgs includes the dam STOP GO PENALTY in the middle of the screen. It makes it impossible to create movies and stuff.
Erm, you can

Go to cfg.txt and find MPR Messages. Set this to 2.

Then you'll get no chat in replays. Add shift-f to that and you should be message free.
Quote from tristancliffe :Erm, you can

Go to cfg.txt and find MPR Messages. Set this to 2.

Then you'll get no chat in replays. Add shift-f to that and you should be message free.

True, but that's kinda annoying (spelling?) to do everytime.
A button in Shift + U mode to turn chat messages on/off would be nice
Just leave it at 2 forever. I don't want to see chat in replays ever, movie making or not. If I watch a replay to specifically see the chat (i.e. evidence or something) then I can change it once for that.

But I wouldn't mind an ingame option on the misc page.
this would be a welcome option :up:
Quote from tristancliffe :Just leave it at 2 forever. I don't want to see chat in replays ever, movie making or not. If I watch a replay to specifically see the chat (i.e. evidence or something) then I can change it once for that.

But I wouldn't mind an ingame option on the misc page.

Oh, I thought in .cfg it's block chat messages everywhere, not just in replays. Never actually checked that one
But still, an ingame option would be usefull
Try not speeding in the pitlane

But yeah, fair point. I'd have thought that shift-f and mpr messages 2 would have got rid of this to be honest.

Can't think of the next step.
Quote from DRFT KING :K, so i have tried all of the little tricks to get rid of the chat log, and all of the dials and text on screen but i still get this!!! >>> http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d166/D1King/stopgo.jpg

Theres a "new" option with the test patches, under the misc options that should get rid of it. I can't remember the actual option off the top of my head though.
Options -> Misc -> Show Flags in Shift + F mode : No

Try that (thanks for the reminder Karl!)
Thankx heaps fellas. Thread suggestion solved (besides ingame setting to switch off chat log)
#13 - Davo
I think its a good idea because. Maybe a keypress can rotate a few settings, like block messages, block all messages including system, unblock messages or something similar.
Can't you just blank the system messages by deleting those lines in the language file?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG