The online racing simulator
Will LFS be updated again?
(33 posts, started )
Quote from SamH :Not before I defrag my HD and empty my Recycle Bin! It's an amazing resource.

I dunno what you're trying to say dude but it's lost on me, if he didn't know that you could download all the setups from inferno at once, he does now (it's near the middle of the page and at the top, see how helpfull I can be) and at about 160k it wont cost much bandwidth or HD space.
I don't use any of the Inferno setups. I tried a couple and they were twitchy as hell. Although I might look into them again and steal some gear ratios Smile

I really should back up my current setups, because I'd be gutted if I lost them after getting them the way I feel comfortable driving them.
#28 - SamH
Quote from garph :I dunno what you're trying to say dude but it's lost on me, if he didn't know that you could download all the setups from inferno at once, he does now (it's near the middle of the page and at the top, see how helpfull I can be) and at about 160k it wont cost much bandwidth or HD space.

Nahh it was a joke. It was more a reflection on how MANY setups are available at a single click, that I'd have to make room on my HD to accomodate them. That's what I meant. An exaggeration Smile

I'm no good at telling jokes. I'll have to just go back to being a miserable sod Wink
Quote from Hyperactive :I'm pretty sure that the LFSworld has 0 effect on how many incompatible patches we get. It's all about online compatibility, LFS versions more precisely.

Also the BMW touring thing might be one reason.
#30 - Davo
Quote from garph :Yeah, clicking "All setups" on inferno is super tough!!!!!!!!!!

I've always downloaded them 1 by 1 Frown
Quote from xaotik :or simply an equestrian simulation with acts of automotive arson

lfs is a british sim not a french one

Quote from Hyperactive :I'm pretty sure that the LFSworld has 0 effect on how many incompatible patches we get. It's all about online compatibility, LFS versions more precisely.

so update intervalls might change once the auto updater works
Quote from Shotglass :so update intervalls might change once the auto updater works

Now that's an interesting point. It of course requires everyone to get to at least patch V manually though.
Yup, releasing an incompatible patch reduces your user base, this I can say from experience. Not everyone who plays is plugged into the forums and dialed into the LFS community, some drivers you see once every 3 months.

As a programmer I learned long ago that an auto-updater has to be one of the first things you put on a multiplayer game.

Will LFS be updated again?
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG