The online racing simulator
shadow distance
(6 posts, started )
shadow distance
Really not sure whether this is a bug, improvement suggestion, or even technical assistance... but the shadow draw distance seems quite low, car shadows pop into existence and look rather odd. At first I assumed it was just my dynamic LOD setting, but I've been unable to find any settings or sliders to correct this. I only noticed because I'm sifting through replays making a movie...
#2 - ORION
It also happens when you have too many cars on the screen at once. I guess the problem is known to everyone though
fair enough. couldn't find anything on it with a search, but it doesn't strike me as easily searchable either
Quote from ORION :It also happens when you have too many cars on the screen at once. I guess the problem is known to everyone though

As far as I remember LFS is only able to draw the shadows of 8 cars atm. This would be the 8 nearest cars as far as I remember. Some problem that is surely gonna be solved someday.
I've never noticed this, ever. Could it be dependant on another visual display setting, such as simple track?

What I do find annoying/laugh at is when a car goes under a bridge and it's shadow goes over it. Amusing, but frustratingly odd.
#6 - Jakg
I think it does actually, ill see if i can dig up a screenie!

EDIT - Here, here, here, here

shadow distance
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG