The online racing simulator
slowmotion - showcase of LFS physics
(25 posts, started )
#1 - Don
Great vid DoN!!!! The way the cars so convincinly interact with the ground has always been one of my favorite things about LFS, there is nothing that looks out of place, the cars don't seem to float, as in most other racing "games." Your video does a great job showing this off, another great advert for LFS :up:
#3 - KeMoT
DoN, upload it to LFS MOVIES PIT if you want. ( archived ).

I just watched the movie.

So smooth, so cool, so nice quality, so awesome...
so... DoNish ---> hey, I found new word
#4 - OPK
Great stuff again, DoN

The looks are so great.
Together with RBR LFS shows the best in "having real contact with the ground" looks
#5 - Don
thx

@kemot>okay its uploaded
#6 - KeMoT
Quote from Don :thx

@kemot>okay its uploaded

Added, about three minutes ago
nice vid
#8 - bbman
Bit of a drifter, aren't you Don?

Good Movie, the awesome physics are the reason why I like watching replays so much... It just feels like you're watching a real race... Well, almost...
Quote from bbman :Bit of a drifter, aren't you Don?

Nah, he just can't drive. That wasn't slow motion, it was real time too

Joke DoN, don't murder me in my sleep (or when I'm awake).
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Tristan, that wasn't funny
DoN, is there any chance I could get FXO skin you used in this movie ?
I like it very much.
#12 - Don
sure.......i dunno who made it, but its a nice skin
Attached images
FXO_BUDHONDA.jpg
Thank you DoN.
don you should do one with the LX4 or 6 like that with it open.. now that would be cool!
since this video is about the physics in lfs i think we could discuss what we see in the video a little
is it just me or is the reaction of the front left wheel on that curb right in the begining way too fast ?
It bearly touches it, so there isn't much deflection, so it appears quick. Looks fine to me. But what do I know...
Great movie Don, but seriously, what kind of music is that?
assuming ffdshow did actually save every single frame there are only 12 frames (in a slowmotionvideo) between deflected compressed and deflected again ... appears to be a bit too quick to me
Attached images
grab000174.jpg
grab000179.jpg
grab000186.jpg
I was thinking the same thing the third time I watched it - the compression/deflection is a bit quick.
Assuming it doesn't impart enough energy to cause the wheel to take off, thats how fast it will go... And I don't think it would impart enough energy...
Its mesermizing.
That was very cool Mr. Don. Very very nice work

Any possiblity of another slomo vid? With other car and close-ups?
It´s even cooler if u watch this slomo-video in slomo

(for example in VLC-Media-Player)
Quote from Shotglass :assuming ffdshow did actually save every single frame there are only 12 frames (in a slowmotionvideo) between deflected compressed and deflected again ... appears to be a bit too quick to me

I agree, but it is possible that the setup maybe had quick rebound (and/or stiff suspension)? Maybe the setup that was made was made in a way that it wanted to showoff the suspension in action, regardless of how quick it deflected.

Still I think it is nice to see any parts of LFS in slowmotion, it looks pretty good compared to other games and their 'stiff' look.
Quote from Tweaker :I agree, but it is possible that the setup maybe had quick rebound (and/or stiff suspension)? Maybe the setup that was made was made in a way that it wanted to showoff the suspension in action, regardless of how quick it deflected.

Still I think it is nice to see any parts of LFS in slowmotion, it looks pretty good compared to other games and their 'stiff' look.

It does look like the car has some pretty quick rebound. In one instance the rear end of the car gets tossed pretty good by a big curb, when it lands it definitely bounces.

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG