The online racing simulator
/r Force Feedback Editor? Or something simular
I've found myself playing LFS best with an Xbox controller, not a 360, just the simple S. Anyways, i've got the XBCD Drivers, and i've configered the controller and deadzones just right. The pressure sensitive buttons make for good axes clutch and handbrake, right Joystick for view, left for steer, Dpad for any secondary thingies i need, and of corse, the Triggers set to 'slider' for brake and throttle.

My problem is that LFS's force feedback seems to be geared towards G-force, whenever i drift into a corner, brake or accelerate too fast, or anytime a wheel itself slides, It rumbles. Depending on the level of speed or grip the tire has is how hard it's rumbling..

I had to turn it off, it got annoying, cause with drifting, it was bouncing out of my hands. I was wondering if there is a way to edit the force feedback settings so that it would subtly rumble stronger as the RPM increased, to help my shifting, and so that it would Rumble lot's when i went into the grass, dirt, or on a curb, and then Rumble at full power when in a crash.

I'm not exactly sure how to do this, although i am comfortable enough to mess with any .txt's i might have to if someone's willing to help. I've got the game backed up for the night mod anyways.

To familiarize though, The XBOX S controller has a powerful rumble in it's left handle, and a more subtle one on the right. The left could be used for the physical contact, while the more subtle right one could be used for engine pitch. Any help would be appreciated, thanks ^^

I hope this isn't too hard, as i've seen the Force-Dynamics team create an entire simulator using LFS and a variety of other games. But i'm willing to work on this one if need be, just.. my expierience isn't very great with code ^^; Thanks for any help!
the problem here is that lfs' ffb is geared towards wheels so anything you feel should actually be torque on the steering column
additionally there are no ffb effects in lfs and as such nothing you could change about the ffb via text files orl plr files as theyre called in isi sims which i guess is what youre thinking about
everything the ffb does in lfs is the troque youd feel on the steering wheel in a real car directly calculated from the physics engine

so in other words there are no effects like vibration with rpm and there never will be
however if youre a good enough programmer yourself (or get kegetys to do it ) you could utilize outgauge to send rpm based ffb effects to your controller
Hell, anything that works ^^ it'd be a good project of mine i guess... I just needa search the interwebs for tutorials i guess. O.o;
You could use outgauge to drive a rumble effect I guess, using bespoke software and lots of time. I hope your good at programming, else I'll expect a text-adventure sometime in about 6 months.

Or you could spent that time working in McDonalds and save up for a wheel
I don't know a whole lot about programming. The most i've done is edit menu spawn scripts for UI such as Garry's mod or Mugen. ^^; So i'd definatly need a tutorial or something. do you really think it'd take 6 months? I mean i know it's gonna take some work, but i was thinking like... a week to a month, not six... Maybe 2 O.o; and forget saving up, i work for contract jobs, lotsa money at once plus i gots a credit card. [/not recommended]

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG