The online racing simulator
Setting for DUSTALPHA in PS?
(8 posts, started )
well i downloaded the DDS add on for Photoshop from nVidia and made my own smoke color, but when i save it, i can see the individual squares and it doesnt look anything like smoke........what settings do i need to save it so it looks like smoke in the game?

EDIT: here is what im talking about.......you can see the squares of "smoke" and its not textured at all....
http://img368.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lfssmoke2it.png

Thanks,
~sD~
ok i found out what to save it as.....but when i do my Photoshop freezes and then when i try to close it it says sumthin like "photoshop isnt responding, would you like to end this program now?" could i upload the smoke i want and can somone save it right for me?

Thanks,
~sD~
#4 - Stuff
The smoke looks square because the alpha channel is probably pure white. To solve that, you have to fade the white image in the alpha channel, like the original has a "puff". Remember, with alpha, its just shades of grey where white is opaque and black is transparent.

Check out the screenie of the original dustalpha.dds in my Photochop CS2. You have to use the channels tab and enable the alpha channel and then you can edit it. Also, if you save it to some other format that doesn't support the alpha channel, it will lose that puff shape and make it all opaque when you go to save it to .dds again.

Hope that helps..
Attached images
alpha.jpg
thats because of the alpha channel.. if you look at the alpha channel in photoshop you can edit it in any way.. if this file doesnt have a alpha channel you need to save it (in the DDS save dialog) as DXT1 1-bit alpha or something like that with no-mipmaps .. if you dont save it as alpha you see squares ingame

check this post for dds settings
http://www.lfsforum.net/showpo ... ?p=21159&postcount=43
#6 - Stuff
You probably want an 8 bit alpha layer. 1 bit is 0 or 1, black or white, opaque or transparent. 8 bit is 0-255 and allows you to fade from one to the other.
can u change for example dust color that way in 8-bit? or headlights colors etc. window color?
i dont have 8-bit.......i have 8-bit, alpha only.......this means the smoke is all black..so i saved as 1-bit, but i can see the shape of the alpha layer, in other words, its a bunch of cloud shaped circles instead of squares,should i do 256 color w/alpha?

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG