The online racing simulator
Steering Wheel or S2?
(16 posts, started )
Steering Wheel or S2?
Hi,

Now im getting bored of demo i was just wondering should i get a steering wheel or S2 first?

Thanks

DMWRIGHT
#2 - Jakg
Well seeing as you can already borrow an S2 license... Big grin

A wheel would definately be the best bet, but a wheel (at least one worth it!) is £50 onwards, if you can afford it, wheel first!

Link to wheels in my sig!
Jakg
No mate, The account i was using will never be used again by me. Even though i didnt see the harm in it, and i wouldnt be asking this question if i had S2. The money isnt a prob just tht i need to put money aside for my kart, i prob want to spend around £50-£60. Just another question Jakg, I have a PS2 steering wheel, Would that work if i got a adapter?

Thanks

DMWRIGHT
I like the Logitech G25
Smile
1.wheel
2.licence
3.world(real 1)
#6 - Jakg
it depends - what wheel do you have? Logitech (and some others) work on the PC fine - some dont though, it depends, plus, the PS2 wheel wont be as good as a Momo, DFP or G25. Remember, the DFP works better than the Momo on PS2, not sure about the G25
#7 - Iron
Quote from Jakg :Link to wheels in my sig!

How do you know if it's a rev A or B momo? Does it say on the box, or only on the casing of the wheel or...?
#8 - Jakg
Quote from Iron :How do you know if it's a rev A or B momo? Does it say on the box, or only on the casing of the wheel or...?

afaik it says it on the box, doesnt say on (my) wheel though
spend money on your kart.
On my opinion you should buy s2 first.. but its your choiceThumbs up
I don't think you'll be able to buy just one.

If you buy a wheel you'll see how much of the game you're missing by not being able to "feel" the cars as the wheel fights back. You'll then want to get S2 so you can try the other cars and tracks ou.

If you get S2, you'll know you're not getting the best out of all the cars and tracks, so you'll still want to buy the wheel.

Just get S2 and a DFP. Job done.
Quote from Iron :How do you know if it's a rev A or B momo? Does it say on the box, or only on the casing of the wheel or...?

It says rev A or B on the sticker on the base of the pedals Smile

Get a S2 licence first (support the devs) then worry about a wheel they only getting cheaper maybe january sales? Smile

SD.
Quote from george_tsiros :no, it doesn't :/

If it dosent say then I think you can assume its a Rev A model Smile

Its quite possable that only the rev B models are marked this way.

SD.
Poll!
Of it's the G25 then a wheel. My mate has got a building being built at the bottom of his garden... he will have a plasma, a billiards table, a ps2 and TWO G25 WHEELS WITH CHASSIS :o

Steering Wheel or S2?
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG