The online racing simulator
Cannot see gear indicator.
(24 posts, started )
Not sure when this started.. but noticed it after patch because I need the wheel on in the game to see any instruments in the new BMW F1..

Also I cannot move the seat up and down at all... I seem to recall being able to do that.

XR-GTR...
yea... this is really anoying....
Quote from [FuLLocK]JoK3R :yea... this is really anoying....

Yeah I went to "custom view" and raised the seat up- but still I cannot see it all- they put it BEHIND the steering wheel.. Why?

Just.. why?
Yeah, i noticed that too, cant see the gear indicator on the dash...I have to turn off the steering wheel...which is a bit of a bummer....
Why can't you just remember in your head what gear you're in? I have no problems remembering, 3rd.. 4th... 5th... 4th.. 3rd... 2nd... N...
Hey guys, a real racer dosent even look at the gears, he listens to the engine!

Much easier!
here's a glass of SHUT THE HELL UP!
Quote from whitey6272 :here's a glass of SHUT THE HELL UP!

And I hope you drink it yourself.

And the same problem is atleast with MRT. I think that gear indicator would be better between the dials.
Even I can remember what gear i'm in and if I can, anyone can.
Why would you need to enable the game-wheel? I understand, if you're with mouse or the keyboard. But if you have a wheel in your hands, why would you need another, virtual wheel?
The wheel on LFS is so unreal when you have a racing wheel. You turn it 45 degrees and the LFS wheel goes 90.
... or you may install LFS Display, which is to be found hier.
That's a good tool. I'm not gonna download it because I never download mods but that's cool and will be a big help to people who do need it.
I too find this insanly anoing when im trying to learn new tracks and im trying to learn my points on the track. When im on a combo i know then im fine because ill listen to the engine, No problem. But otherwise its rather aniong

EDIT: Ooops. I bumped a old thread ...
Quote :Ooops. I bumped a old thread ...

Better than starting a new one

Quote :The wheel on LFS is so unreal when you have a racing wheel. You turn it 45 degrees and the LFS wheel goes 90.

Uh, not if you have it set up properly...
Quote from Cpl.Anger :EDIT: Ooops. I bumped a old thread ...

Nope, thank you for bumping this. If you hadn't bumped, I wouldn't have seen this:

Quote from Veiti :... or you may install LFS Display, which is to be found hier.

Which I missed the first time around some how. I'm going to try out that display. Looks cool.
Yeah they should still fix it.. How hard would it be to make the display visible and not behind a solid part of the wheel?
They should just remove the gear indicator from some of the cars completely.
Well if they DO have a gear indicator in a car, they shouldn't stick it behind the wheel where it is only half visible.

If people want to argue about not having it there at all, or them not needing it, that's off topic.
For me personally even when im learning a track i dont look what gear im in, when learning a track i drive round slowly learning the lines building up the speed each lap and all i listen to are the revs and never look at the gears/rev counter and by the time ive learnt the track almost subconsciously i know what gear i need to be for each corner n revs i should be at.
I'm still trying to figure out why you guys want to drive with the virtual wheel when you have a wheel on the desk to begin with.
Quote from mrodgers :I'm still trying to figure out why you guys want to drive with the virtual wheel when you have a wheel on the desk to begin with.

because the real wheel isn't really in my FOV, and I'm not comfortable with a completly misplaced wheel in car - that seems even more wrong than having two wheels
Have to use wheel because there is info on wheel in some cars.. and it is a pain switching back and forth all the time. Not sure now if in one of the patched it will automatically take the wheel away or put it on screen with settings that follow the car or not.

Still when using 720 degrees or rotation on the DFP (or G25 now)... it's nice to see the animation. Also as said above my wheel is not really in my FOV when looking at the screen.

BUT AGAIN -- all that is off topic though, because that isn't the problem, the problem is when someone does actually want to use a wheel.
Quote from BWX232 :Have to use wheel because there is info on wheel in some cars.. and it is a pain switching back and forth all the time. Not sure now if in one of the patched it will automatically take the wheel away or put it on screen with settings that follow the car or not.

Still when using 720 degrees or rotation on the DFP (or G25 now)... it's nice to see the animation. Also as said above my wheel is not really in my FOV when looking at the screen.

BUT AGAIN -- all that is off topic though, because that isn't the problem, the problem is when someone does actually want to use a wheel.

Actually, yes, in the latest patches, the open wheel info is now displayed when the actual steering wheel isn't. Really helped me out as I thought I would never run open wheel again needing to have the wheel displayed.

I understand what you mean about not having your actual wheel controller not in your FOV. It's still crazy IMO . LOL, I'm the opposite. My Momo is the one blocking the view of the displayed gauges and gear indicator. I sometimes wonder what speed I'm at and have to lift up to see it over my Momo, hehe.

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG