The online racing simulator
Race 1 - Post-race discussion
Qualifying results, snapped just before the warming-up times would mess 'em up

Damn, I can't round in less than 1:55 atm, and that's in LX6! More practise required me thinks.
Phew, I'm not the only crap driver then
Awesome racing going on, lap 13 atm:
1 JJ Nylander
2 vMaxRob
3 1ST » T. Arends

Join #1ST|Racing on GameSurge for live chat commentary
Ouch... server crash :o
Unexpected packet size

Sorry for my bad driving. I was really bad on first laps. I am very sorry

EDIT: I haven't watched the replay yet, but to be honest my driving was just poor on the first laps. I overshot some braking points, had bad lines etc.. All I can say is that I'm sorry...
Bugger it.

I qualified 2nd in the LX4 class, and got ahead of Anton early on in the scrappy first few turns.

Was leading the LX4's from Lars Thomsen, and we were about a second apart for 11 laps. I'm pretty sure I had the pace and racecraft to stay ahead, just.

But lapping Pow, I got hit when he got into a massive tank slapper, which put me on my side. I reset (even though I'd be disqualified), and carried on, now ten seconds froms Lars, and with Horvarth just ahead in the recovering LX6. The gap stayed about 10 or 11 seconds - he had clearly slowed up a little, and my car wasn't handling as well now. On lap 17 I disconnected randomly (no warning, no laggy period, no message after disconnection) from a safe 2nd in class (9 seconds clear of the next LX4).

I'm annoyed, because I was doing well and got noobed. Considering I did 2 laps of practice at SO Town (and the event was at Long, or vice versa, I can never remember which of those is which), and none at the proper track, I think I did okay.

Sorry to Triple7Racing for letting you down. I'll investigate the disconnect soon.

Edit: Phew, server crash.
#8 - axus
We had a big server crash guys. Only one racer was left after the server crash - T7R|Exodus (cmckowen)... ah, the irony! This happened about 80% into the race.

Well, now we have several options:
1. Scrap the race
2. Use results from before the crash (we have a replay from Exodus) - we can halve all points earned to give the non-full race results less weight
3. Redo the race, using current qualifying results (we can do this next week and shift everything forward or move it to the end of the season)
4. Redo the race from scratch.

So sorry about this, guys. Terrible season start.
I'll make a poll right away to see what people want to do.
-
(felplacerad) DELETED by felplacerad
#9 - GabbO
Well, i dont know.
If redo, then from Q results.
Otherwise, im not happy with the results, but if we take the points from last lap.. OK then.
Im just a bit sad, cause i got forced in the wall in pos 10 from anton,
and then again 3 laps later he crashed taking a very risky manouver - taking
me out too(with one other guy) And i got hit also by a third one, but dont know yet who...
Otherwise i would have had the pace for pos 1-3 in LX4..
#10 - axus
Quote from GabbO :
Im just a bit sad, cause i got forced in the wall in pos 10 from anton,

Really sorry about that, GabbO - I was having major lag, in the region of .3 of a second. I should have known to leave more space considering my connection.
Well i was beside you for the whole straight, but nevermind...
Hopeing for more luck (and a better server) next time.
I had bad qual..5th in lx4 i think
Race start was bad i was killed and abandoned in almost last position...but i was driving very good next laps and managed to get 12th position..till lap 17 or 18 when filur was really pushing and then boom..we're out...

Voted for save results before crash..i want my 12th postion..it was very good race till that server crash.
Quote from axus :We had a big server crash guys. Only one racer was left after the server crash - T7R|Exodus (cmckowen)... ah, the irony!

Yeah what a joke after my network did a complete tripple sommersault and landed on its head and i timed out on the warm upillepall
I had a decent, eventful race. Got hit by two lag-induced collisions i think, and had one brake failure (pedal) at the hairpin in sector 3. Also had some good racing with bozo.

Would be great if Exodus could post the replay, need some screenies for FLP's race archives.
yes i would like to ask for replay too
Pretty strange race, also considering the abrubt end to it all.There was quite a bit of crashing and some unfortunate events, but I think that has to be expected on such a difficult track.And it did seem as if there was some problems with lag in general..but, next time we'll hopefully be better adjusted.

Great driving tristan with your lack of practice in mind, had you not been involved in that incident, I also believe you would have held on to your lead.And you might have cought me again I think had we raced to the end.I was driving rather badly tbh.

But no hard feelings towards the server host, was just bad luck as far as Im concerned, so no worries there
Quote from Bob Smith :Damn, I can't round in less than 1:55 atm, and that's in LX6! More practise required me thinks.

I hear that Bob, I haven't done better than 1:49:00...dern LX6 is a tricky car on SO4.

Ant
Could someone possibly upload the replay?
Quote from Tyrion :Pretty strange race, also considering the abrubt end to it all.There was quite a bit of crashing and some unfortunate events, but I think that has to be expected on such a difficult track.And it did seem as if there was some problems with lag in general..but, next time we'll hopefully be better adjusted.

Great driving tristan with your lack of practice in mind, had you not been involved in that incident, I also believe you would have held on to your lead.And you might have cought me again I think had we raced to the end.I was driving rather badly tbh.

But no hard feelings towards the server host, was just bad luck as far as Im concerned, so no worries there

Thanks mate, I enjoyed the tussle with you - you got quite close a few times, and you seemed to be smoother than me. I felt like my rear tyres were at 100 degrees, but they never got above 70, just had loads of oversteer at some points.

As for the incident, I was damned if I didn't try and pass him (because you'd have got me into T1) and damned if I did (because I couldn't give him any more room than I did). Racing incident I suppose - lapping isn't meant to be easy.

I did wonder if he could see my blue flags - if he was running an earlier patch then Shift-F turns them off. I don't know, it was as if he wasn't even aware I was lapping him. Partially my fault too, so please don't think I'm too bitter
#20 - axus
Quote from Tyrion :Could someone possibly upload the replay?

I have the replay now, I just need James to upload it somewhere, its being worked on. I'll post a link as soon as it is up.
PM sent to you Axus regarding webspace (albeit not unlimited). The same PM will also go to Charles.

If other people need temporary upload space for LXCC stuff then let me know - I can't cater for all your needs or huge, popular files, but I can help a bit.
#22 - axus
Replay should be up on the vMax site within an hour, so don't worry. It will be heavily lagged though, and missing the first few laps I think.
I'm just wondering. After I disconnected I got in a huff and just turned LFS off, made my post above (thinking it was my connection) and went to the pub.

But I MIGHT have a temporary replay file saved in my mpr folder. This will contain the whole race from the start to the server crash. I'll get it after work and stick it on the web (if it exists).
Axus, do you need any help with distributing the replay? Let us know, we'd be happy to help ...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG