The online racing simulator
Shaking Force Feedback wheel
(10 posts, started )
Guys, mly Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP has ALWAYS "shaken" when in the centre. I can be parked up or going down a straight - no difference - and the wheel shakes from side to side. What IS that?
#2 - dev
Quote from horrgakx :Guys, mly Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP has ALWAYS "shaken" when in the centre. I can be parked up or going down a straight - no difference - and the wheel shakes from side to side. What IS that?

Mine also...
same know how to fix it plug it out then back in click on wheel js !then calibrate then assign things to the axis helped me "
Sorry, what is js !
wheel/js in controller options
#6 - bbman
I had this oscillation with my old R440 too... I found no cure, turning down FF helped just a little bit... So either you get used to it or you upgrade to a more pricey logitech wheel...
#7 - lyd
Quote from bbman :I had this oscillation with my old R440 too... I found no cure, turning down FF helped just a little bit... So either you get used to it or you upgrade to a more pricey logitech wheel...

My more pricey logitech wheels both do it too. Lower force in LFS pretty much eliminates it.

I think it is just the nature of the beast, as it were. Something to do with the wheel crossing the relatively forceless null point, then being caught on the other side and tossed back. Maybe some sort of damping logic could be built into the LFS FF model, but I would rather have the oscillation if doing so will negatively impact any other aspect.

It doesn't happen (at least to me) if you are holding onto the wheel.

lyd
#8 - SamH
I had the same wheel and suffered the same problem, from the day I got it to the day I returned it to PCWorld and exchanged it for a DFP.

From what I could work out, it's essentially a hardware alignment/tightness problem. The wheel senses that it's turned away from "TDC", and the force feedback moves the wheel to correct the problem, but because the shaft isn't tight like it should be, it turns too far. The position sensor senses that the wheel has turned too far, and operates the FF to correct it. Thus begins the oscillation.

The only thing I can suggest is to return it to the shop, if it's within the first year. If you're out of warranty with the shop, you may be able to get a replacement from Logitech themselves.
#9 - Gunn
Setting a small deadzone might help.
My DFP has always done this, but only when i set it to really high FFB (eg 150) and when i first had it i was reading on here that its more of a failure of the current hardware than a specific problem to my wheel.

As said answer is to use less ffb or set a small deadzone at tdc.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG