The online racing simulator
Lagging out on empty servers after connecting!!
Here's a new one... or so I think, and wish didn't happen.

I'm trying to connect to empty LFS servers but so far all the empty servers I join I lag out on. I connect fine but get locked in the setup screen. I click on leave, say yes but nothing happens. I try to switch track, click on a track name and nothing happens. Can't change car (server's have all enabled) and can't even join the race. This has happened on 4 completely different empty servers.

Now here's the twist. I can connect and race on an occupied server with no problems at all.

WTFBBQ!!!??

Kinda annoying as everyone is currently racing a car and track combo I don't want to be on, so I decided to join an empty server. My lag bar goes up a little and then nothing... It's happened on these empty servers so far: www.S2 Loosenutracing.com, GSA-XGN ORT, Race Time & InSPire Net - NZL.

My details

AMD 2500 +
Albatron KX18D Pro II nForce 2
1GB DDR Ram Dual Channel
Leadtek A6600GT
Windows XP
ZoneAlarm Pro

I had some problems with my firewall tonight prior to this which I fixed. However, I can't see how it's the cause as why would it allow me to connect to an occupied server with no dramas and not an empty? I also tried connecting with it off and nothing changed. So it's ruled out.

Here's a screenie of my connection bars stopped position which it stays at the whole time...

I have no friggen idea!
Attached images
WTF.JPG
Here's the log from the last server I timed out on trying to connect... no idea if it helps. EXIT was done by Shift + F4 and using the X in the top right corner.

LFS : 0.5P2
timer resolution 1 ms
read config
get command line
preinit d3d
number of adapters : 1
adapter 0 - valid modes : 138
load bans
load font
max texture size 4096
can do shadows
can use 2x tex
can do multi tex
can use dynamic tex
can use compressed tex
create english file
initialisations
human system
init sound
tables
helmet
init controllers
default light map
load objects
start intro
Autocross
end of initialisation
Corrupted NameReply
shutting down
free objects
free languages
free controllers
clear light map
close sound
free humans
free font
free helmet
save bans
free host list
kill graphics
save calibrations
free mouse
save config
EXIT

Edit: This time the server track was Autocross. Other servers were on West Hill & AS Cadet.

Edit 2: Maybe it's not me. I was just able to join Heathen Racing Australia twice whilst empty with no problems - even changed the track! I then tried one of the aforementioned servers and got the errors. Looks like a server side problem and not mine. woohoo!

(What rotten luck I had, 4 different servers all empty and not working.)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG