Help with 3dsmax 8
(19 posts, closed, started )
#1 - kyler
Help with 3dsmax 8
Help with 3dsmax 8 1920 Server error
When i am installing it i get what it is the pic bllow
Attached images
Look server Error.jpg
Are you the administrator of your computer?
#3 - Gunn
#4 - kyler
Yes Tweaker i am admin on this comp and i have did some reading and other peeps have been haveing this trouble and the sade the installed SP2 ( service pack 2 ) for windows xp and turrned all virus protection after installing SP2 and they sade it installed and i did that and it didn't. Please Help me
Do what Gunn said, Discreet probably has the solution.

It is most likely a problem between the installer starting services and your Windows/Virus Protection settings. Look for an option that turns off prevention of uknown services.
#6 - kyler
Hey nope didn't work it still freses at Service 'RaySat_3dsmax8 Server'
Looked into this, and that is an installer error. Nevermind, nothing to do with your virus/security programs.
#8 - ORION
Someone who uses 1024x768 desktop resolution will never purchase 3dsmax
Quote from ORION :Someone who uses 1024x768 desktop resolution will never purchase 3dsmax

Agreed, seems odd someone who "bought" 3DSmax 8 wouldn't goto Discreet for help. The program is $3,500+.... yeah ehem... Did you download this kyler? Then somebody lock this, shouldn't help you install illegal software.

If not, goto them for help.
Simply because it sucks when you have to scroll the main toolbar everytime you want to access the material editor

And btw. I didnt mention this 46kB rar archive in the folder in the background yet, did I?

[EDIT] it's >5000€ btw
Quote from ORION :[EDIT] it's >5000€ btw

And they wonder why people pirate it..

5000€ = £3,435.28 GPB. :rolleyes:
How do i fix the installer error ? tweeker
Quote from Tweaker :Looked into this, and that is an installer error. Nevermind, nothing to do with your virus/security programs.

Send an email to Discreet, outlining the proble. I'm sure they would be happy to help.
Quote from L(Oo)ney :And they wonder why people pirate it..

5000€ = £3,435.28 GPB. :rolleyes:

Well, to be fair, they offer educational licenses to graphics students, and industry can afford those prices, so I imagine it's only bored kiddies who pirate it. It's not like those kiddies are ever likely to work in the industry, so they wouldn't buy a license anyway, so it's not hurting their bottom line.
Were can i downlaod 3dsmax 6 3o day trail. my frend has it boght and he didn't have trouble and is it still avable to downlaod?
:doh:

that was a mistake saying that ^
What?
Were can i Downlaod 3ds version 5-7 ??
#19 - Gunn
Sorry mate, you have obviously mistaken this forum for someplace else. Please refrain from asking for warez or any other illegal stuff.

Go to www.discreet.com if you want help with installing and downloading 3DSMAX.
This thread is closed

Help with 3dsmax 8
(19 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG