The online racing simulator
Demo users can play in s1,s2
(15 posts, started )
hello , i found way how demo player can play in S2 server ...
entering ip there..
fix please
#2 - Jakg
not online they can't, as there is no way to do a direct connect over the internet
#4 - ORION
...and dont post the details on the forum, use the email link above
yes ok
#6 - Davo
Quote from Jakg :not online they can't, as there is no way to do a direct connect over the internet

What do you mean like entering an IP? Well you can simply enter the internet IP in the LAN server page and it'll connect
Quote from Davo :What do you mean like entering an IP? Well you can simply enter the internet IP in the LAN server page and it'll connect

Have you tried that? Doesn't LFS only accept certain IP ranges?
it only accepts the IP's for the LAN restricted numbers.
#9 - Jakg
Quote from Davo :What do you mean like entering an IP? Well you can simply enter the internet IP in the LAN server page and it'll connect

try it! It wont
#10 - Davo
I did try it and it works. Not using a demo to connect s2, but demo to demo server using the IP works when entered into the local network IP box. I wouldn't have posted if I didn't try it out myself.
#11 - Jakg
Quote from Davo :I did try it and it works. Not using a demo to connect s2, but demo to demo server using the IP works when entered into the local network IP box. I wouldn't have posted if I didn't try it out myself.

over lan is probably (read, definately) works, but not so sure over the internet
There are some network tricks you can do to use any IP for that.

Fixing that would require time, and using anticopy methods that would be a pain in the * for the users that paid the license.

Crackers are there, and always will. But they will be playing LFS until they have another game to play, not serious players, so not much lost.
it is impossible to play s2 without an account.. i know
#14 - Davo
Quote from Jakg :over lan is probably (read, definately) works, but not so sure over the internet

No, you're wrong mate. If you're not even sure why bother discrediting me? You can connect to a server using the internet IP in the LAN connect screen. I'm not saying it will let you play s2 content on demo, it lets you connect to a server using the IP instead of hostname. I have done this.
Its possible, I saw it, I know how to do it but its not fair to others.... I hope that programmers will do something with it...

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG