The online racing simulator
Low number of servers for BF1?
(26 posts, started )
Hi! I just wanted to post that I've noticed that the popularity of the BF1 has gone down quite a bit now and I feel that there are only really 2 tracks that are always being used, KY Oval and BL GP. Now, as for oval racing, I haven't done any in about 2-3 months and as for BL, well, I've practiced there a lot and its one of LFS's nicest tracks but there should be more of a variety. I mean, tracks like Aston Grand Prix, National, Grand Touring and Westhill Int should be used more. They're probably the fastest tracks in the game (that are technical (not like the oval ). If I were to pick one in particular, I think AS GP is a really nice track for the BF1. Its a nice fast track with lots of different types of corners. I mean, I look at it in this way, whats the point in having 42 tracks (excluding the autocross arena) and using only 2 of them?illepall
#2 - Bean0
Our server was BF1 at FE Black for a bit last night, the car seems to suit the track well but only a couple of people dropped in
With all the G25s getting delivered who wants to race a car without an H-gate gearbox?
Racing the BF1 for more than a couple of laps makes my eyes stream

maybe I am just too old for it

SD.
Quote from Bob Smith :With all the G25s getting delivered who wants to race a car without an H-gate gearbox?

Exactly, Im going to get one at my birthday ... thats when i will play LFS again - I wont be using Bf1 with it ...
lol.The only place I do actualy like to drive the BF1 car is in Aston Historic.

To me it's just like that track and car was made for each other

But the PitStop NL Team server dosn't have the same track on all the time and I think if there isn't many people on and you asked nicely. They would change it
We race alot of the tracks and cars
I like the FO8 more. And since the April I haven't really drive the BF1. The skill level differences are huge, people braking into corners in totally different places and going through corners using _very_ different lines etc...

And I kind of feel a bit idiot saying that I don't like the BF1 because the devs, Vykos etc. must had worked pretty hard to get an F1 car into LFS
To be honest, i got put off the BF1 after about 2 weeks racing with it, its just too fast tbh lol, makes oval racing rather boring :/ So i'm just fixated on circuits now with the rest of the cars.

And agreed, but i believe it got too overplayed at the start. Nearly every server was BF1, was thinking where's those FOX,FO8 servers gone? :o
#9 - N1SMO
The BF1 is gonna take working up to. I haven't got the hang of the GT cars yet

P.S.

Sturje how the fup are you getting 215lbft from a 1.4 diesel?

Yipes.
Quote from N1SMO :The BF1 is gonna take working up to. I haven't got the hang of the GT cars yet

P.S.

Sturje how the fup are you getting 215lbft from a 1.4 diesel?

Yipes.

Look at your join date...
I've never been an F1 fan, so I'll only use it when the server I enter are using them. It's annoying when other people come into a server when no ones else is driving them and just cause havoc because there to fast for the other cars, sorry if this upsets the F1 guys but it's just me. I enjoy close racing and GTR's and F1's don't mix.
Heh - comedy
LFS isn't quite ready for the BF1. We need some more tracks for it to be raced on and it needs a finished tyre physics. It's a fun car for like 5 laps. Then it starts to get annoying.
Hotdogxx60 - tip, only join servers where the cars enable can compete with on another, esp. never join "all car" servers (unless they're for beginners or something, where people are going to crash regardless).
#15 - JTbo
I have tried to find MRT racing and not drag racing, oval or autocross, BF1 servers are plenty compared to MRT.
#16 - SamH
I love the BF1, but I do find that the biggest downside of it are the numpties. I never race on public servers in the BF1, but on the occasions when I get together with some other good BF1 drivers, it's fabulous. The skills required to drive the BF1 are largely the same as other cars, but the lack of some of those skills are catastrophic - slow reaction times and lack of spatial awareness will end a race early. Much earlier than in, say, a GTR race.

My personal recommendation is to rent a server, make it private, and invite in ONLY the people you KNOW are good on the BF1.
Quote from SamH :I love the BF1, but I do find that the biggest downside of it are the numpties. I never race on public servers in the BF1, but on the occasions when I get together with some other good BF1 drivers, it's fabulous.

I tend to drive certain types of cars / tracks for a period of time, then move to other types. I drove BF1 and F08 for quite a while recently.
When I'm tuned into those cars (BF1 specifically) I don't necessarily want to go drive U1000 or MRT.

Now I'm racing Fox and MRT, which are enjoyable again.

It seems natural for certain tracks and cars to featured more on servers.

You could always join an empty BF1 server - people will join. Unfortunatly you'll get a lot of people who see it and thinkg " hmmm BF1, I'll give that a go". Not the best car for casual racing.
I think you raise a good point Flycantbird, if you stick to one car for a while you do "become one" with it, which helps your consistency and times greatly. With so much variety on offer it's too easy to swap between cars all the time, and IMO you loose out on that connection and I can't you see someone enjoy LFS quite as much.

That's why the MRT5 craze a couple of years back was so good, everyone driving it, most of them really in tune with the car, lots of great racing to be had. With so many cars to about now you're less likely to be in the mood for the what's popular, so it's harder to find that great racing.
Quote from SparkyDave :Racing the BF1 for more than a couple of laps makes my eyes stream

maybe I am just too old for it

SD.

get a bus pass old man
Quote from Bob Smith :With all the G25s getting delivered who wants to race a car without an H-gate gearbox?

me.
who wants to use the H shifter its not going to get you any faster is it.
but ok it is fun.
Me too.

I hope there is more reason to buy a G25 than the H shifter.
This is getting off topic... but I find with the G25 I can concentrate on racing rather than feeling I'm constantly affect by a shoddy input method.
Sorry, but I'll continue off topic one more post, as I can't find a reliable answer elsewhere.

Are you faster using the G25, do you think, and is it extremely better
then what you were using ( assuming it was a momo, dfp, or sidewinder type / price range wheel) ?

The H-shifter isn't a big deal to me, personally, and it sounds like, as I hoped, the G25 offers more precise control - do you feel you have more
response using the paddle shifters ( again over your previous wheel).

That's as far as I'll veer off topic. I'll even bring it back in line -
The BF1 should not be driven unless you are naturally or artificially
STOKED.
BF1 + Mountain Dew = BF1 + Guiness =
#24 - JCTK
Quote from SamH :I love the BF1, but I do find that the biggest downside of it are the numpties. I never race on public servers in the BF1, but on the occasions when I get together with some other good BF1 drivers, it's fabulous. The skills required to drive the BF1 are largely the same as other cars, but the lack of some of those skills are catastrophic - slow reaction times and lack of spatial awareness will end a race early. Much earlier than in, say, a GTR race.

My personal recommendation is to rent a server, make it private, and invite in ONLY the people you KNOW are good on the BF1.

Exactly, I hate arriving into a very fast chicane at 100km/h faster than someone else who just started driving BF1, there's just no way you could avoid such person as you won't have a clue how fast they'll go in the corners, nor when they slam on the brakes...

talking about brakes, it only take someone in front of u to slam on the brakes a couple of metres before you expect him/her to brake to flip that person completely over... which made it even more interesting in T1 if u're in the middle of the pack, brake too early and u'll get flip over, brake too late and u'll flip another car...
Quote from Flycantbird :Are you faster using the G25, do you think, and is it extremely better then what you were using ( assuming it was a momo, dfp, or sidewinder type / price range wheel) ?

Well I've set some new PBs in the MRT5 where I'm using autoclutch and sequential gears. So, it's certainly not slowing me down. I'm still slower when I've got to clutch and use the H-shifter... for now. Just co-ordination problems. Feels great though. The extra wheel precision is nice also, I'm using 540 degrees lock and it's much more natural over 270 of the momo.

TBH I should switch back to the momo for a bit to really compare, I've not touched it since the G25 got plugged in (just gathering dust on my floor).

Quote from Flycantbird :The H-shifter isn't a big deal to me, personally, and it sounds like, as I hoped, the G25 offers more precise control - do you feel you have more
response using the paddle shifters ( again over your previous wheel).

I only ever used paddle shifters to change on my Thustmaster F1 wheel, which I only had 2 weeks, since I got my momo (2 years back) I've used the gearstick. Paddles are for looking left/right. But they are better quality that momo paddles.

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG